MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
Progressive Duplicity and moral policing

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Progressive Duplicity and moral policing
http://www.expressbuzz.com/edition/story.a...V2TGM5XQ==&SEO=

<!--QuoteBegin-->QUOTE<!--QuoteEBegin-->Notice to Renuka over ‘Taliban’ remarks

MANGALORE: <b>Mangalore City Corporation (MCC) mayor backed by members from BJP, Congress and JD(S),</b> slapped a legal notice on Union Minister for Women and Child Development Renuka Chowdhury on Wednesday.

MCC mayor Ganesh Hosabettu, releasing copies of notice to reporters at Ballalbagh in Mangalore, said the Chowdhury’s “unpalatable’’ remarks describing Mangalore as “Talibanised’’ and the presence of “a clear communal divide in Mangalore’’ had hurt Mangaloreans and commerce in the region.

Advocate P P Hegde, who dispatched the legal notice via e-mail, told reporters that the words “Taliban’’ and “Talibanisation’’, repeatedly telecast on all national channels on February 7 and 8, “is the most abusive and degradable form of verbal assault on all Mangaloreans’’.

“The Union Minister’s statements have degraded the community of Mangalroeans as anti-nationals and offended religious sentiments of people residing in Mangalore. An isolated incident did not warrant a generalised statement from a responsible Minister,’’ he said. He said the mayor himself had decided to file a case to demonstrate the fact that Mangaloreans, cutting across caste and party affiliations, are united.

The other members party to the legal notice included <b>Ramesh </b>of Shilpa Colour Lab, <b>Anwar Manipady, Melwyn Fernandes, Nalini Shetty</b> of Stree Shakti groups among others.

Urging the Union Minister not to politicise the issues, he said if Chowdhury fails to respond to the notice within Friday, they would file a criminal case against the Union Minister before February 16.

Hegde, responding to a query, said the names of Congress and JD(S) leaders backing the legal notice would be revealed at the time of filing a criminal case.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

http://mangalorean.com/news.php?newstype=b...adcastid=112367

<!--QuoteBegin-->QUOTE<!--QuoteEBegin-->A number of organizations have also joined in the notice. The convener of the Joint committee and advocate Padma Prasad Hegde has told that <b>the minister has made a very derogatory and generalized statement</b> in which she has used the word <b>Talibanisation and compared the general public to Talibans, which was an act of de-meaning the entire population of a city</b>.

Mr. Hegde said many of the councilors of Mangalore City Corporation, Stree Shakti groups, social service clubs and citizens forums have approved of sending the notice to Ms. Choudhury. "<b>Ms. Choudhury's comments were reprehensible, irresponsible, unwarranted and has compared Mangalore's general public to terrorists operating in Afghanistan</b>" the notice added.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Renuka Choudhury should be taught a lesson.I hope our courts will take a tough stand on this issue. Unfortunately, most judges in our country also belong to the group of Psecular Indians.
http://www.thaindian.com/newsportal/uncate..._100153955.html

<!--QuoteBegin-->QUOTE<!--QuoteEBegin-->After triggering a war of words and a cheeky campaign by bloggers by his threat to marry off young men and women publicly displaying affection on Valentine’s Day, Pramod Muthalik, founder of a rightwing Hindu group, now says his moral brigade won’t be prowling on the streets Feb 14.

“I have told my people that they should not take out any procession or hold demonstrations or accost young couples on the day (Feb 14),” he said.

“We have achieved our purpose. Our aim was to create awareness and people all over the country are talking about the pros and cons of allowing their children to indulge in such celebrations,” Muthalik said by phone from Hubli, over 400 km from here.

He has not spent any money buying ‘Mangalasutras’ (a gold chain that a man ties around a woman’s neck to solemnise a marriage Hindu style) either.

Last week he threatened that members of Sri Rama Sene, which he heads, accompanied by a priest would carry mangalsutras and marry off young couples on the spot if found publicly displaying their love.

“No. We have not arranged for them (mangalsutras). The threat was intended to raise awareness and not meant to be carried out,” Muthalik told IANS.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Notice how they have changed the headline
<!--QuoteBegin-->QUOTE<!--QuoteEBegin-->Moral policing: Girl commits suicide in Mangalore
Press Trust of India Posted: Feb 12, 2009 at 1906 hrs

Mangalore In a tragic fallout of moral policing in the city, a teenaged girl allegedly <b>committed suicide after suspected Sangh Parivar activists publicly humiliated the girl for being friendly with a Muslim boy and handed both of them to police</b>.
Sixteen year old Ashwini, a student of class ninth at the Aikala High School in Kinnigoli, along with her friend Mahadevi had gone to Maroor near Moodabidri in a bus to meet Saleem, a conductor-cum owner of the bus on Tuesday afternoon.

A group of suspected Sangh Parivar activists stopped the bus and took the three to Maroor police station. Police then called Ashwini's parents and handed her over to them.

Unable to bear the humiliation, the girl committed suicide by hanging herself at her house on Wednesday night, police said.

<b>However, on the complaint of the girl's father, a case has been registered against Saleem under Section 376 and 305 of the IPC for luring and raping the girl, police said. </b>

The case come close on the heels of the kidnap of the daughter of a Kerala CPM MLA, who was dragged out of a bus while she was talking to her male friend, who belonged to a minority community.
<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

http://www.organiser.org/dynamic/modules.p...pid=277&page=19

<!--QuoteBegin-->QUOTE<!--QuoteEBegin-->To understand what has happened one has to live, as P Sainath, probably the most knowledgeable journalist of his times did, in rural India to know how the minds of villagers work, what offends them and what enthuses them. The trouble with our media stalwarts is that their minds are urban-centred. Widely travelled, they are knowledgeable about pubs in London, nightclubs in European cities and availability of various and questionable forms of entertainment in Europe and the United States. Mangalore is not Paris. It is one of the most sophisticated towns in India but is surrounded by villages which profess different culture.

<b>Thanks to the setting-up of class universities in the districts of South Kanara and Udupi the urban centres are hosting students from over fifty countries whose presence and demands are becoming cause for concern.</b> There is palpable tension in the surrounding villages. The villagers feel threatened. Incidentally, I am speaking with authority since I live in a place surrounded by villages which I visit regularly to address children in primary classes, students in secondary and higher elementary schools and in high schools. Parents invite me to their homes and they speak freely to me. Most of them have TV sets and a large section among them express their anger at what they have to witness, day in and day out. These are not politically motivated people or people fed with fundamentalist doctrines. One suspects that they have more respect for women then our civil rights and other organisations claim to have. The women especially hate to see urban women smoking because they feel that their own daughters might get affected by this new culture that is thrust on them. They have nothing to do with the Sri Ram Sena. And for long they have been seething with anger because they have no way to protest. Our city-based editors and their dedicated secular flock have no time to live amongst the villagers and understand their concerns. And that maddens them even more. <!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
<!--QuoteBegin-rajesh_g+Feb 13 2009, 03:19 AM-->QUOTE(rajesh_g @ Feb 13 2009, 03:19 AM)<!--QuoteEBegin--><b>Thanks to the setting-up of class universities in the districts of South Kanara and Udupi the urban centres are hosting students from over fifty countries whose presence and demands are becoming cause for concern.</b> There is palpable tension in the surrounding villages. The villagers feel threatened. Incidentally, I am
[right][snapback]94536[/snapback][/right]

Sounds almost as if these universities/pubs are hostile military <i>cantonments </i>set up among the <i>natives </i>and <i>locals.</i>

Pub <i>culture </i>appears to be an exact corollary to the<i> nativized </i><i>entertainment </i>required by <i>conquistadores </i>among conquered populaces. In both Goa and Americas, there is a tradition of girls dancing upon tables while suggestingly waving their skirts - during drinking sessions. This is a remnant of the conquistador era. The transformed cultures of both South/Central America and Goa are very similar.

Ram Sene is just a cough reflex to expel these foreigner elements which prey upon local culture and populace for amusement. In Britisher times, colonizer used cut off <i>chotis</i>, vomit in temples in drunken stupor, take mischievous photos with Murtis. pub culture has same template.
^ Dhu's important post above.

<!--QuoteBegin-shamu+Feb 13 2009, 03:15 AM-->QUOTE(shamu @ Feb 13 2009, 03:15 AM)<!--QuoteEBegin-->Notice how they have changed the headline
<!--QuoteBegin--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE<!--QuoteEBegin-->Moral policing: Girl commits suicide in Mangalore
Press Trust of India Posted: Feb 12, 2009 at 1906 hrs

Mangalore In a tragic fallout of moral policing in the city, a teenaged girl allegedly <b>committed suicide after suspected Sangh Parivar activists publicly humiliated the girl for being friendly with a Muslim boy and handed both of them to police</b>.
Sixteen year old Ashwini, a student of class ninth at the Aikala High School in Kinnigoli, along with her friend Mahadevi had gone to Maroor near Moodabidri in a bus to meet Saleem, a conductor-cum owner of the bus on Tuesday afternoon.

A group of suspected Sangh Parivar activists stopped the bus and took the three to Maroor police station. Police then called Ashwini's parents and handed her over to them.

Unable to bear the humiliation, the girl committed suicide by hanging herself at her house on Wednesday night, police said.

<b>However, on the complaint of the girl's father, a case has been registered against Saleem under Section 376 and 305 of the IPC for luring and raping the girl, police said. </b>

The case come close on the heels of the kidnap of the daughter of a Kerala CPM MLA, who was dragged out of a bus while she was talking to her male friend, who belonged to a minority community.
<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->[right][snapback]94535[/snapback][/right]<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->The girl was raped by the islamaniac and that's why she ended her life, but of course the christoterrorist news reported this differently.

Already posted the article, but posting excerpts again so that the HK comments are in context sense:
http://haindavakeralam.com/HKPage.aspx?P...196&SKIN=B
<!--QuoteBegin-->QUOTE<!--QuoteEBegin--><b>Ongoing Sexual Jihad - One more Hindu girl ended her life</b>
11/02/2009 14:46:09  HK
[...]

16 year old Aswini Kulal is the recent victim of Sexual Jihad against Kafirs. Aswini Kulal who was raped by Abdul Salam ended her life on a piece of rope. Police arrested 26 year old Abdul Salam in connection with the suicide of this School girl.

Aswini was lured by Abdul Salam a typical Jihadi Romeo and raped her by taking her into his hideout in a hill top near Venoor.   

Three school girls consumed poison and ended their life in Alappuzha, Those responsible in that case were also Muslim youth.
[...]<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->Some of the comments:
<!--QuoteBegin-->QUOTE<!--QuoteEBegin--><b>Sarge 12/02/2009 23:12:46  Alappuzha case</b>
It should be noted that in Aalapuzha two the accused are Muslim boys. This time they also managed to ruin the life of a Christian girl. I think we should make every citizen aware of all sorts of Jehads (including sexual jehad) which is launched by Muslims against the Kafirs. These people seems to be criminal minded from day one. Ant-national activities, money laundering/activities, human trafficing/pen vanibham and now sex and blackmail.

<b>Sarge 12/02/2009 23:11:12  'The Hindu' news paper</b>
Even 'The Hindu' news paper reported yesterday that the girl ended her life because of Hindu fundamentalists. No news about the rape or any thing like that. Looks like for Hindu news reporters a girl getting raped by a Muslim should consider it as an honour. What pathetic creatures?

<b>Sunil 12/02/2009 16:28:04  TV channel</b>
yes. TV channel required urgently to expose the untold truths.

<b>Pradeep 12/02/2009 05:23:28  Jihadi Romeos</b>
As Sri. Godse Brigadier said I too watched this new on Kairaly as a breaking news claiming that due to the torture by Bajrangdal/Sri Ramsena
[...]

<b>Godse Brigadier 11/02/2009 21:36:39  Attack Kairali TV</b>

Yesterday Kairaly news telecasted with hot news that was a girl suicide in Mangalore due to torture by bajrangdal. And also this new I saw in deshabhimani why we keep MUM always. We should take weapon on our hands. We are not followers of Gandhi we should follow Krishna, Rama, Maa Durga etc….
Prepare to fight with those evils … up to establish Dharma Rashtra

Akhanda Bharat Amar Rahe..
Vandematharam<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Christian news = just more christian lies. Of course they cover for their islamic brothers in crime. Christians are rapists too - like the Indian christian rapist who attacked Sumitra:

<!--QuoteBegin-Bharatvarsh+Oct 15 2006, 06:09 AM-->QUOTE(Bharatvarsh @ Oct 15 2006, 06:09 AM)<!--QuoteEBegin-->More info about the Sumitra case:
<!--QuoteBegin--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE<!--QuoteEBegin--><b>Hindu Dalit woman tortured for not embracing Christianity </b>
Posted on 07 Oct 2006 by HimTimes

Arunanagar (Orissa), Oct.7: A Hindu Dalit woman in Orissa's Kendrapada District has been tortured by her husband after she refused to embrace Christianity.

Twenty-year-old Sumitra Mallick of Arunanagar village married Padia Das in 2005, and now she has filed a case against him and her in- laws, charging all three with grievous assault and torture for her refusal to accept Christianity.

In her complaint, Sumitra says that her husband had also demanded Rupees 50,000 from her father.

"We had a court marriage. I stayed with him happily for five months. After that, he started torturing and forcing me to change my religion. My mother-in-law also said that I have to change my religion. She also beat me up and demanded rupees 50,000 from my father," said Sumitra Mallick.

[...]
<b>Padia is said to have allegedly raped Sumitra and was arrested by the police in June 2005. To escape punishment, he married her in the presence of police in a court. After which, he was granted bail. (ANI)</b>

http://www.himtimes.com/india/india.php?su...t_from=&ucat=3&<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
[right][snapback]59125[/snapback][/right]<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
<!--QuoteBegin-Bharatvarsh+Oct 9 2006, 04:58 PM-->QUOTE(Bharatvarsh @ Oct 9 2006, 04:58 PM)<!--QuoteEBegin--><!--QuoteBegin--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE<!--QuoteEBegin-->Padia Das allegedly raped Sumitra in June 2005 and was consequently arrested. To escape the punishment, the culprit agreed to marry the victim while he was lodged in the prison.

Both of them married in a local court in the presence of police. Later Das filed an affidavit before the court and was granted bail on that ground.

<b>"At the time of marriage, I was not aware about his religion. I was under the impression that my husband was a Hindu," said Sumitra.

She said in her complaint: "I used to worship Hindu deities at my home like any other Hindu married woman. But my husband and my father-in-law opposed it. Last week, they assaulted me severely."</b>

Said S. Dalei, a police official: "We are investigating the case and we will take action accordingly."

--- IANS
http://news.hinduworld.com/click_frameset....ws%26id%3D31860<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
[right][snapback]58805[/snapback][/right]
<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
It's christoislamism's sexual jihad.
And that's why the christomedia supports it and protects islamists who do the same.
Christos=islamis=all sick.
<b>Rama Sene office agog with laughter </b>
http://sarvesamachar.com/click_frameset.ph...21455070800.htm
Staff Correspondent

HUBLI: Never in their lifetime they had received such gifts. The gifts came in all sizes, designs and textures, and there were the designer types too. And they came from all places.

The office of the Sri Rama Sene at Lakshmi Park off Gokul Road, which was witness to emotional speeches on Hindutva by the sene chief Pramod Muthalik during his visits there, was altogether different on Friday.

Sri Rama Sene office-bearers and activists present in the office, including Krishna Gandagalekar and Khandoba Kalasannavar, knew what was in store for them, parcels from the “pink chaddi” campaigners. The first consignment arrived in the form of four boxes and parcels. The visibly amused activists of the sene opened the boxes and parcels to receive the gifts — “pink chaddis”.

The office reverberated with laughter as the ‘gifts’ came out of the parcels and the activists read the messages written on the gifts.

<b>Mr. Muthalik has said that he will donate the “gifts” to orphanages. </b>
<!--QuoteBegin-Shambhu+Feb 14 2009, 09:12 AM-->QUOTE(Shambhu @ Feb 14 2009, 09:12 AM)<!--QuoteEBegin-->Piglet goes not believe in V day
http://sarvesamachar.com/click_frameset.ph...dhi%2F423559%2F
[right][snapback]94590[/snapback][/right]

First of all, the word piglet is bogus. This statement is very interesting and needs to be noticed. Consider Rahul Gandhi - scion of Gandhi parivar, heir to the throne, darling of the "young masses", son of a foreign mom, Milliband-friend, more agitprop then leadership guy is saying..

<!--QuoteBegin-->QUOTE<!--QuoteEBegin-->I don't believe in Valentine's Day: Rahul Gandhi<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

To me this means that even Rahul Gandhi, darling of the masses is still taking a social-conservative stance. It means that there is a significant vote-share for social-conservatism in India. It means that media has dulled his statement but still conveyed the msg of social-conservatism. It means he has to appear in white-kurta-pajama to appear an Indian leader. My guess is that if he were to become PM next elections, he wont follow his fathers sartorial tastes, instead he will stick to kurta-pajama and perhaps even pick up dhoti instead of pajama.

All this leads me to think, that Mutalik's failure was not in following social conservatism (opposing 'pub culture') but his failure was in not following social conservatism fully (violence against women).
<!--QuoteBegin-rajesh_g+Feb 15 2009, 02:17 AM-->QUOTE(rajesh_g @ Feb 15 2009, 02:17 AM)<!--QuoteEBegin--><!--QuoteBegin-Shambhu+Feb 14 2009, 09:12 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Shambhu @ Feb 14 2009, 09:12 AM)<!--QuoteEBegin-->Piglet goes not believe in V day
http://sarvesamachar.com/click_frameset.ph...dhi%2F423559%2F
[right][snapback]94590[/snapback][/right]
<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->[...]This statement is very interesting and needs to be noticed. Consider Rahul Gandhi - scion of Gandhi parivar, heir to the throne, darling of the "young masses", son of a foreign mom, Milliband-friend, more agitprop then leadership guy is saying..

<!--QuoteBegin-->QUOTE<!--QuoteEBegin-->I don't believe in Valentine's Day: Rahul Gandhi<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

To me this means that even Rahul Gandhi, darling of the masses is still taking a social-conservative stance. It means that there is a significant vote-share for social-conservatism in India.[right][snapback]94593[/snapback][/right]<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->"This statement is very interesting and needs to be noticed."

Yes, it ought to be noted but for different reasons.
It means Raoul John Paul Gandhi is just being a good catholic and more aware of catholicism/christianism than many another christian in India (well, he is a proper Italian christian after all - albeit with some Indian ancestry).

St valentine's day is no longer officially recognised by the catholic church as a festival day (and st valentine is no longer on the church's saints list). He is but repeating the current catechism on this.

In 1969, the catholic church publicly admitted St Valentine (and many other saints) never existed:
http://freetruth.50webs.org/B3a.htm
<!--QuoteBegin-->QUOTE<!--QuoteEBegin-->40 non-existent saints were removed from veneration by Pope Paul VI in 1969, such as Christopher, <b>Valentine</b>, Anastasia and Barbara. See: <i>The Incredible Book of Vatican Facts and Papal Curiosities: A Treasury of Trivia</i> by Nino Lo Bello.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

http://rajeev2004.blogspot.com/2009/02/how...-democracy.html
<!--QuoteBegin-->QUOTE<!--QuoteEBegin--><b>Non Carborundum said...</b>

Rahul Gandhi does not believe in Valentine's day.
    http://www.expressindia.com/latest-news/I-...-Gandhi/423559/

But why would he say that? Answer - "the universal Catholic Church no longer officially honors St. Valentine".

http://www.americancatholic.org/Features/V...Day/default.asp
    2/14/2009 7:49 AM<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->The link goes to the <b>american catholics site</b> where there is a link to their page on st valentine's day. What the otherwise-lying catholic church *will* publicly admit to is here (they're still ashamed of reiterating how st valentine never existed, but that is already official):

http://www.americancatholic.org/Features/V...Day/origins.asp
<!--QuoteBegin-->QUOTE<!--QuoteEBegin--> <b>The Catholic Church no longer officially honors St. Valentine, but the holiday has both Roman and Catholic roots.
</b>
The Origins of St. Valentine’s Day

A quick quiz: St. Valentine was:

a)  a priest in the Roman Empire who helped persecuted Christians during the reign of Claudius II, was thrown in jail and later beheaded on Feb. 14.

b)  a Catholic bishop of Terni who was beheaded, also during the reign of Claudius II.

c)  someone who secretly married couples when marriage was forbidden, or suffered in Africa, or wrote letters to his jailer's daughter, and was probably beheaded.

d)  all, some, or possibly none of the above.

If you guessed d), give yourself a box of chocolates. Although the mid-February holiday celebrating love and lovers remains wildly popular, <b>the confusion over its origins led the Catholic Church, in 1969, to drop St. Valentine's Day from the Roman calendar of official, worldwide Catholic feasts.</b> (Those highly sought-after days are reserved for saints with more clear historical record. After all, the saints are real individuals for us to imitate.) Some parishes, however, observe the feast of St. Valentine.

The roots of St. Valentine's Day lie in the ancient Roman festival of Lupercalia, which was celebrated on Feb. 15. For 800 years the Romans had dedicated this day to the god Lupercus. <!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
About the real Roman religious festival of Lupercalia:
http://nobeliefs.com/Lupercalia-day.htm
<!--QuoteBegin-->QUOTE<!--QuoteEBegin--><b>Happy Lupercalia's Day!</b>

<b>Valentine's Day derives from a Christianized version of a pagan holiday. Just as the Christians stole Christmas and Easter, from the pagans, they took this celibration from the Roman pagans.</b>

If you do not adhere to Christology, then why would you want to celebrate to the name of a Catholic Saint who had nothing to do with the original festival?

The name "Valentine" comes from one of two Christian martyrs of the 3rd century. One describes a Roman Christian martyred during the persecution of Claudis II, the other, a bishop of Terni who got martyred in Rome. (Most Christian celebrations have a preoccupation with death and martyrdom.) There occurs several versions of the Christian legend but no one knows the truth for sure. Probably at least one of them did live and died, but we have little else to go on. But the celebration of giving notes and gifts to loved ones began long before the Christian version and no doubts exist about its historical practice.
(It's been nearly 50 yrs since holy monopoly roman church dropped valentine from its saints list.)

In pre-Christian Rome, people celebrated "Valentine's day" as Lupercalia, a Roman holiday that took place during the ides of February (the 15th). They believed that the <b>goddess Juno Februata (where the name February comes from)</b> inflicted her "love fever" on the young and unwary. The fertility festival of Lupercalia (in honor of the pastoral god Lupercus) involved an orgy and sexual excesses. Young men drew small "love notes" from a container composed by eligible young women. The men socialized with the women and attempted to guess who composed the note they had drawn. In this way, the festival brought young men and women together as sexual partners.

For years the Christian church tried to suppress the festival of Lupercalia. Interestingly, the Church did not object to the festival for its love celebrations but for the pagan beliefs that rejected the Christian god. <b>In 496 C.E., Pope Gelasius changed Lupercalia from the 15th to the 14th and renamed it after the legendary St. Valentine in an attempt to stop the pagan celebration. </b>Gelasius had hoped people would emulate the lives of saints. Even after the Church replaced Lupercus with St. Valentine and recast Cupid into a cherub, the Lupercalia festival continues much as it had before, but without the sexual excesses. The change of the name and the day of celebration serves as the only "contribution" that Christians brought to Valentine's day.

To this day, men and women send love notes to each other. And in elementary schools across the country, children still put concealed notes or gifts in a box much as the ancient Romans did. So the idea of Valentine's Day did not come from Christianity, but from the "heretic" Romans. Praise Juno!<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->Juno is the Roman name for the Greek Olympic Goddess Hera, who presides over home, marriage, family and motherhood - she is often represented by the cow.

Yes, praise to Hera (Juno) and happy Lupercalia day to all (traditional Roman) couples then.
I think there was some confusion that some hindu terrorists had attacked SRK's bungalow after he made some pro-valentine statements. But it turns out this was only because of some poor misguided muslim youth who misunderstood a few things. May i please request Ms Susan to still send these fellows an honorary pink chaddi ?

http://www.mid-day.com/news/2009/feb/14020...phet-Mohamm.htm

<!--QuoteBegin-->QUOTE<!--QuoteEBegin-->Muslims should not resort to such tactics: SRK

An upset Shah Rukh Khan tells MiD DAY from London that the attacks on his bungalow and at Gaiety over a song in Billu are unwarranted and give the community a bad name

Shah Rukh Khan is a disturbed man. After three unidentified men threw a glass bottle apparently containing some inflammable substance inside his bungalow, Mannat, at Bandra on Thursday night, a group of Muslims attacked Bandra's Gaiety theatre screening the actor's latest movie, Billu, yesterday.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

<!--QuoteBegin-->QUOTE<!--QuoteEBegin-->Shah Rukh spoke to some maulvis and leaders of Muslim groups to explain that there was nothing objectionable about the lyrics of Marjani.

"They had misunderstood the meaning of the song. The line goes as:  Hey rab ke hazur mein kasmein bhi kha li. The word hazur used in the song means 'in the presence', but the Muslim groups thought it was a reference to Huzoor, which is also used for Prophet Mohammad.

After I explained the real meaning, they had no problems." <!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Word has not gone out from maulvis apparently. Some other confused youth are still not happy it seems.

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/India/M...how/4145518.cms

<!--QuoteBegin-->QUOTE<!--QuoteEBegin-->The agitation was led by Chintu Shaikh, an active MNS member from Kurla area, at the behest of party vice-president Haji Arafat Shaikh. Chintu Shaikh claimed that he had the blessings of Raj Thackeray and was opposing a song picturised in the film.

It is not the first time that an objection is being raised on the song "Marjani Marjani'' in the film. On the day of release, a group had protested outside G7 multiplexes. The protesters objected to words "Rab ke hazoor mein kasmein bhi khaali li, duniya ki oni boni kasmein nibhadi', which they say insults Prophet Mohammed.

"The song has hurt the sentiments of the Muslim community,'' said Chintu Shaikh. On Tuesday, he submitted a letter (on a MNS letterhead) to the manager of Kalpana Talkies in Kurla (West) asking the cinema to stop screening of the film.

"The manager quickly refunded money to those who had bought tickets and has withdrawn the film,'' he said, adding that similar protests are being carried out in other parts of the state, including Nashik and Malegaon. "We want the film to change the verses and Irrfan Khan, Shah Rukh Khan and Gulzar to issue an apology,'' Chintu Shaikh said. <!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
<!--QuoteBegin-Viren+Feb 11 2009, 05:38 PM-->QUOTE(Viren @ Feb 11 2009, 05:38 PM)<!--QuoteEBegin-->Nisha Susan's is a scribe for Tehelka? Surprise Surprise!!
Now knowing that this is a Tehelka enterprise, it would be wise to audit as to how many pink-chaddis they received and how many they sent to Muthalik.
You know more about this nisha susan? If you're on facebook, she is running a big group with 50,000 members, all kinds of hindu bashers.
ignorant question onlee..

How do they celebrate Valentine's day in India? Rather how do they think it is observed in the west and are merely imitating that?
<!--QuoteBegin-->QUOTE<!--QuoteEBegin--><b>Pub incident: This is a civilisational war</b>

Dina Nath Mishra

Tauba tauba karta chal, khali jaam bhi bharta chal; Allah Allah karta chal, khaali jaam bhi bharta chal. This is the sum and substance of the Government policy on prohibition. We routinely celebrate the prohibition day by large advertisements in visual and print media. Yet liquor excise revenue goes up by leaps and bounds every year and Governments do everything to get more revenue. In many States, the Governments themselves trade in liquor. The kitty of liquor barons balloons in each State and their influence also heightens proportionately in politics.

People, the world over, are addicted to one thing or the other. But society, in general, has always decried it. Addiction is considered a very bad habit. <b>Till the British Raj, the Indian society did not consume liquor in a significant quantity. It was limited to a section of the elite. Of course, people relished bhang. </b>After the British left, bhang fell out of favour. It was given a bad name and was included among drugs. Contrary to it, earlier, a religious glamour was associated with it for it being the booti of Lord Shiva. <b>During Rajiv Gandhi’s regime it was banned. The ban gave impetus to liquor consumption which was already gathering momentum.</b>

Laboratory test results clear bhang of any adverse health hazards. For thousands of years Indians have been consuming it. On the contrary, liquor has definite ill-effects on the general health of the consumer. But drinking liquor has become a fashion nowadays. <b>Media has made drinking hours as happy and joyous hours and even sexy and worth celebrating.</b>

<b>A few decades back drinking was only an urban phenomenon. When a liquor shop licence was given in a village, it was opposed by women in the most organised manner. </b>Demonstrations against sale and consumption of liquor by women and children were very common and usually successful. T<b>ransformation of liquor from a hated thing to a fashionable one for the whole society involves a number of cultural, economic and sociological complexities. </b>A society like ours cannot adopt the Western culture of “Eat, Drink and be Merry”. India has not as yet accepted this culture. Many people may be consuming liquor, but they have it with a sense of guilt. Even children of a drunkard are looked down upon in society. Instinctively, even marriage parties, where liquor is consumed in a neo-rich society, are looked upon disparagingly.

What happened at the Mangalore pub, about which lot of hullabaloo has been going on, is connected with politics. <b>In the Mangalore pub, some boys and girls of an elite University were drinking. A small contingent of an insignificant organisation’s youth attacked the boys and in the scuffle, some girls were also roughed up. </b>A number of speeches and editorial comments were written to tarnish the image of the Sangh Parivar, particularly the BJP, the ruling party of Karnataka State.

There is not an iota of truth in the allegation that a Sangh Parivar organisation in any way was related with the incident or organised the alleged attack. <b>A large chunk of surrounding villages had a very bad image about things going on in this pub. The pub culture does not get along well with its rural surroundings. </b>The very sight of boys and girls drinking liquor together and behaving inappropriately is quite repelling to them. The media jumped into it with gusto. The feminists, too, ferociously entered into it — “We have right to go anywhere. We have a right to drink or do whatever we like. Who gave these hooligans the powers of moral policing?” But, the villagers consider this a taboo. Teenagers drinking and making merry is an absolute no-no for them.

The Ram Sena too has its own arguments. There are a large numbers of people who want to be liberal, even promiscuous and at par with the West. Market forces are subjecting the society to cultural assault much more vigorously than it could be imagined.

There are people who want to defend Indian civilisation and cultural traditions. But our politicians are in the habit of injecting high doses of controversy in everything. Take, for example, this Mangalore Pub incident. Renuka Chowdhary, a Congress Minister, Veerappa Moily and dozen of Congressmen invaded the TV channels and made a mountain out of the molehill.

<b>This provided the Congress a full dose of national publicity, painting BJP as “anti-modern and obscurant party”.</b> This also provided a talking point to the Congress from where Veerappa Moily is likely to contest the Lok Sabha election. Renuka Chowdhary who was so quick to condemn the Pub incident and got political mileage out of it. What forces her to keep mum against those TV channels who have been prominently showing extreme vulgarity and corrupting minds of teenagers?

This incident involved a whole gamut of cultural onslaught on India. It was also a significant part of civilisational war. <!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
^ Dhu's important post above.

<!--QuoteBegin-k.ram+Feb 18 2009, 06:34 PM-->QUOTE(k.ram @ Feb 18 2009, 06:34 PM)<!--QuoteEBegin-->How do they celebrate Valentine's day in India? Rather how do they <b>think</b> it is observed in the west and are merely imitating that?
[right][snapback]94690[/snapback][/right]<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->Can't answer the actual question you're asking. But about that blue thing. Yes, they must be imitating their <i>idea</i> of what the west supposedly does.

No one where I live celebrates valentine's day. The stores do try to sell stuff at the time - mostly jewellery, and kitchen appliances too for some reason. And maybe engagement rings might be purchased some days around mid-Feb (only because they would be marked down 'on sale' during that week). But I am around couples all the time and have noticed how no one budges a bit during that period of Feb when the clueless in India's high-society dramatically pretend to catch The Fever.
(One young man here - of European origin - who is actually engaged, worked from early morning to late evening for 3 days including Feb 14. He didn't care it was Saturday and cared less that it was supposed to be valentine's day.)

Same thing in NL when I was there: there would be some extra hearts on girls'/women's magazine covers. High school would allow people to send roses to somebody. Not many participated, though the ones that did got hyper-excited (they're kids: being in love meant the beginning or end of the world to them). Sometimes a class teacher would 'secretly' send roses to all the students in his class. I kid you not. Cute.
Adults did nothing special. No special meals, no special time, nothing.

It may be that in Amerika and UK people actually get worked up on Feb 14, I don't know.

Indians like pretending to be fashionable by following in excess everything they *imagine* others (the originators) are doing. The unoriginal attempts at playing fashionistas would be slightly more convincing - and consequently not quite as much a source of amusement for others looking on - if the copycats actually were successful in it...
But I always say Never scare away entertainment. Clueless people's behaviour makes Comedy Hour for others. I don't care what anyone says, Reality TV is no alternative.

<!--QuoteBegin-Pandyan+Feb 18 2009, 04:11 PM-->QUOTE(Pandyan @ Feb 18 2009, 04:11 PM)<!--QuoteEBegin-->You know more about this nisha susan? If you're on facebook, she is running a big group with 50,000 members, all kinds of hindu bashers.[right][snapback]94689[/snapback][/right]<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->Nisha susan is a christian. And that's enough to work out the Why.
Any psecular 'Hindus' hanging in her 50,000 strong twit-twat parade probably deeply believe nisha is as secular as they think they themselves are. More accurately, they would be thinking that her christianism is itself a badge of psecularism. In one sense they are right: psecularism IS christianism. Including their own.

But she couldn't possibly have gained such a large following only since the airing of NDTV's latest drama serial (when NDTV was coincidentally pre-positioned to snap film of the "women harrassed by Hindu goondas"). No, she must have had a clique of madmen following her e-paper-trail for a long time now and who all jumped like lemmings after her on this latest adventure.
here where I live common people had not even heard of this woollen-time-day untill all that hallabol by angrezi channels. People are simply indifferent. young fellows who "celebrate" it, celebrate all other days also just in the same fashion doing the same things. Too few people are aware of any remote christian connection to the 'day'. Yes, missionary schools, I am told, do promote the "day", by creating some hype like "be my woollentime" cards and roses and all that sent to teachers by students and viceversa etc.
Rajesh's post above of minority community movie goers having issues with lyrics of a song reminds me of the M F Hussain episode.
Husain pulls Meenaxi out of theatres
<!--QuoteBegin-->QUOTE<!--QuoteEBegin--><b>Painter Maqbool Fida Husain has pulled out his movie, Meenaxi — A Tale of Three Cities, out of movie theatres a day after some Muslim organisations here raised objections to one of the songs in it.</b>

<b>“I have told my sole distributor Yash Chopra to withdraw the film from public shows with immediate effect,” Husain said </b>in a statement today. Husain who was visibily upset, however, refused to provide any reasons for his action to reporters. “I have not made the film to make money, nor have I sold it to anyone. Therefore, I need not give any reason for the withdrawal of the screening of the film to public,” Husain said.

Yesterday, the All-India Ulema Council kicked up a row by terming the qawwali number in the film, ‘Noor-un-Ala-Noor’ as blasphemous. The council claimed that the song featuring the film’s main protagonist, Tabu, contained words directly lifted from the Quran. The council’s statement was supported by Muslim organisations like the Milli Council, All-India Muslim Council, Raza Academy, Jamiat-ul-Ulema-e-Hind and Jamat-e-Islami.

The organisations had demanded that Husain change the words of the song. The organisations had even filed a complaint with the Mumbai Police Commissioner A.N. Roy.

“For us, the term Noor-un-Ala-Noor is very sacred. It shouldn’t be used to describe the physical beauty of a heroine,” Maulana Abdul Quddus Kashmiri, general secretary of the All-India Ulema Council said in his statement.
All those who supported M F Hussain's freedom to paint naked India icons/ Bharat-mata etc kept mum on this episode. I wonder why?
<b>The new proselytisers</b>

Tarun Vijay

Nandita Das created a stir by scripting and directing Firaaq. It's a soul-stirring movie. The director and the scriptwriter, Nandita has tried to be as honest and candid with the celluloid as her deep-rooted commitment to her political ideology. Terrifyingly impressive was the way she used the silence as a tool to etch her message on the spectators' minds disturbing the perceptional status quo. The actors lived the characters they were explained to represent. And she admits frankly, 'it's a political movie'.

As a filmmaker and a journalist, I would give her full marks for a political statement that has been registered so strongly that this film is going to have better effect than a hundred thousand peoples' gathering.

Surely, more than a movie it's a political statement. She is a person, with strong colours of ideology and she has done what she thought she must do. Firaaq will certainly get rave reviews in the Indian media. Already she has received quite a few international awards, and like Slum dog Millionaire, it has passed the test through firang eyes and hence must be all the more acceptable to the 'progressive secular, peace loving' people here who have a large, global heart and express their feelings in English.

Apart from its technical qualities of cinematography, editing, direction and script it almost convinced me that barbarism begins with Hindus.

There would be a couple of critical articles or comments, if any of the secular press tsar cares to publish them, criticizing the movie on ideological points or for the depiction of the events, which they may find completely wrong and devastatingly hateful. They will forget that this is a political movie that would sell, as the west firang lands needs a Jamal or a Mohsin to be rewarded to help them cover the feelings emerged post nine eleven in the Bush era. Having heard Nandita on the movie and seeing the clips, I too would have converted to her views if the Godhra incident was not vividly clear in my mind.

I would have turned to take Nandita's autographs with a sense of admiration if I had not heard the cries of Seema, whose father, mother and brother were slaughtered with butcher's knife in Doda, before her eyes, when she was barely seven, in the name of a Jihad, my secular friends interpret differently. I tried to ask a question- who were those Hindus killed and brutalized barbarically during Gujarat riots? Its impossible for me to keep mum or justify what happened post Godhra, which saw innocent Muslims being killed so ghastly that no words are enough to express that hurt. The colour of the tears of a mother, whether Hindu or a Muslim are alike. But dividing dead bodies and deciding levels of mourning on the basis of their faith should be as unacceptable as the killings of the innocent citizens. Killing truth and colouring facts must also be called as a pogrom of civility.Nandita has done exactly that. Pray , why? So If I can admire her qualities of script writing and her directorial debut, shouldn't I be expected to appreciate, on the same level of objectivity, the organisational capabilities, commitment to the ideology and the power to motivate-even well educated- as exhibited in the personae of Osama bin Laden? Or should the motive and the message should also be a factor to print our appreciative hymns? And shouldnt the timing she has chosen to release the movie-just before the elections be also noticed and underlined? In fact the secular messengers of new gospel of hate have turned into the aggressive proselytisers setting their worldview as a prerequisite to enter any socio-political or literary regime. They have successfully monopolized the world of various media establishing English as the only vehicle of intellectual discourse thus keeping the doors to higher echelons of elite and decision makers shut to those who belong to the Indian language groups and represent the real ethos of the land. Though to make profits, these very secular groups would sell Bhajans and show religious serials while attacking the very spirit and the protective shields to such a tradition in the very next programme. They can't imagine winning votes with speeches in English or going to the common voter with a wine glass or a beer bottle in their hands. Yet, in their social circuit, they would raise the flag of pub-culture and look at Indian language speaker with the contempt of a British sergeant. Just have a look at the loan forms of the banks. The last paragraph says-those blind, illiterate or signing in a vernacular language must get their signatures attested by someone who knows English. Can this kind of an instruction be tolerated in UK or US for their national languages? Even using the word 'vernacular' for the national languages is a colonial and a derogatory one. But who cares? They look at Indians as slum dogs, are alien to the threads that weave a fabric called India and treat the 'natives' like Kipling's Ramu. So when a Diana came or any other western royalty comes, they are made to cuddle a slum dweller child with a running nose or taken to an orphanage for a photo op-showing western compassion for the underprivileged. Indian Prime Minister would be never asked to give alms to the homeless sleeping on the stairs of St. James in London or offer grants to an NGO in NY working for the victims of child abuse or the teenaged mothers. Compassion must remain virtue of the rich and powerful, you know.

It is this English speaking elite that determines what India must be reading or thinking or how Hindus must be behaving. They read about Hindus through Oxford or Cambridge publishers and show the temerity to sermonize those Hindus who have imbibed their Dharma in their genes and lived every bit of it, making Kumbh melas possible and taking dips in Ganga on the chilling mornings of Kartik and Magh. The secular proselytiser visits Kumbh, not as a devotee but as a photographer to take pictures of bathing Hindu women and sadhus using mobile phones, as if being sadhus they ought to live as cave men. The pictures they wire to press agencies are essentially depict the weird, intoxicated, obscene and the unacceptable face of uncivilized Hindus to the west.

They don't know a bit about our faith, or what Magh, Amavasya or Saptami means. They take Sanskrit degrees in English and tell us, what's the use of such knowledge in today's modern world? To be futuristic means denouncing all that you have preserved since ages. That's an alienated crowd of people with an accent, detached from Indian realities.

They tell us, you bad guys, you demolished our Babri. Yet, not a single political party can dare to promise in its election manifesto that if they are voted to power, they would re-construct Babri over the make shift temple of Ram in Ayodhya. Their influence on the Indian masses is hardly worth noticing, yet their control on media and political power centres make them important and be counted. Their intellectual terror is so overpowering that today most of the national parties in India work execute their proceedings in English. Poor and often unauthorized translations are dished out in Hindi or any other Indian language. The language, idioms and the attitude of this secular English speaking elite, controlling all the control boxes of media, advertisement and governance remains alien to the indigenous fragrances which they dismiss as folk or ethnic contours, only to be enjoyed in a Suraj Kund melas.

The secular code is-abuse and misrepresent the facts about the opponents, use a pub incident in Mangalore more importantly than the anguish and pains of the soldiers demonstrating at Jantar Mantar, turn every news desk and edit control station into Godhra-throttling the other view point, take salaries from those who provide huge donations to cow sheds in Rajasthan yet write columns on the most enjoyable beef in Mumbai. Lynching the other voice and launching pogrom of truth is the hallmark of the Anglicized secular power centers. Unless you convert to their view point and be ready to say 'build a toilet on Ramjanma Bhumi', delete Kashmiri Hindu woes from official list of concerns, forget Godhra victims treating them as expendable waste, ask questions about the motherhood of a Muthalik and front page it giving respectability to the Hon'ble Minister for Shopping and Cosmetics.These are the essentials one must have to get baptized in the brave new secular order.

One isolated incident of the Hindu right would become a globally circulated representative of the Hindu intolerance and terrorism. In fact these seculars are the most intolerant groups who would like to impose their worldview on others and the unyielding would find them charcoaled o their pages.

None of us accepted the way Mangalore happened. Who cares whether Valentine day is celebrated or not. If someone says to me 'happyValentine day', I will just smile and say-same to you. That's it. Those who find it a nice way to feel joy must be free to do so. But why I must say-'yes, the Valentine day is the biggest symbol of love, amity and happiness', and feel elated seeing obscenities on the streets to prove I am an educated modern person? To each one, his one. I must be ready to accept every happy occasion of any colour or faith or stream to smile and send compliments, but should it become as mandatory as a fatwa? If you have a freedom to celebrate a day, don't I have a freedom to express my opinion about it if I find it completely unacceptable to my values? But the secular fundamentalist wont let you have that freedom with his kind of moral policing.

Wait for the day they have turned into a day of Hindu-baiting, and any small time headline seeker would burn a card, or even intimate the media in advance, 'sir, I am burning a card to protect Indian culture, (like they protected our civilisation by beating girls in Mangalore), pl. mera picture lena'. And the entire media would oblige. It is this farce that has to be countered.

But my questions to those who use incidents like Gujarat riots for awards and rubbing salt on Hindu wounds, was -why forget Godhra and Doda and Anantnag and Kishtwar. And the way Maoists' kill commoners and the security persons in Maharashtra and Chattisgarh and 'use' their women cadre. They will never do that. In the case of Kashmiri Hindus, they wont like to earn displeasure of the Jihadi Muslims. And why should they portray Communists, their ideological friends in bad light?

I think it's self-defeating to react to such situations as a complainant. If you feel injustice has been done, prepare to counter the wrongs through legitimate instruments.

Nandita did what she felt was right and did it quite courageously without bothering what the other side would feel. What did you do to present Doda or Godhra to the world? Who stopped any other Indian to make a movie on the pains and sorrows of Seema or to document the desecration of temples in Kashmir and record the woes of Hindus who had to pass through weird massacres like the one we saw at Wandhama?
Viren, what was interesting was that initially when the first reports came, pink-chaddies immediately put a line in there -> SRK has recently said valentine day is cool. Then it turns out muslims did it. Then, complete silence !! Is it fear or the feeling that muslims are like that only or perhaps its ok for muslims to feel this way if somebody says something against allah or maybe that islam is such that muslims are obligated to feel this way if somebody says something like this ? nobody knows, nobody knows.