MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
Khairlanji Massacre

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Khairlanji Massacre
Even were the reason for the torture and murder to turn out to be caste-driven, it couldn't get me angrier than I already am. I would so like to smack the vermin around who did this. Since when did it become okay to prey on women or children (or the elderly). People who have no respect for the most vulnerable members of any society deserve no humanity, as they're nothing more than parasites. The villains who did this - what if it was their mum or sister or cousin who had these things inflicted on them. Did they even consider that? I'm not saying that had they tortured a man it would be acceptable. But it takes some kind of low-life to do this to the more vulnerable. That's the kind that would stoop to anything, makes my skin crawl just thinking about them.

I hate reading (and commenting on) these things. It's easy to think you're a peaceful, average, good person when you don't get to find out about this sort of thing. When I first read some disturbing stuff in the news or on this forum, I got to learn things about myself which I never knew before. Makes me understand exactly why I've been born in Kali Yuga and in this time in particular; my reactive state makes me fit right in.

As concerns motivation, human motivations are the most complex. I can't guess what drives friends at times or even why my sister or parents get upset with me on occasion.
So who's to say what drove or did not drive these jerks. And there need not be just one reason they had. Even were the primary motivation identified in newspapers or in a court or confessed by the criminals, we might never find out what the secondary and other motivations (if any) were. Sometimes they might not wholly be aware of it themselves.
And even if they did not target the victims for being Harijan, this might later have become a factor when they started upon the crime ('they're only so-and-so anyway, they deserve this' type of reasoning, that fueled their venom more and could have influenced the way they treated their victims). I say might, because I really know nothing about the case except what has been posted here.
That's not to say that regular, festering hatred does not result in the same extremism: similar things happen in non-Indian societies, so it need not in this instance have had to do with caste-discrimination. Revenge, gang-warfare, and the like have also resulted in similarly violent cases in the west - indeed, revenge sometimes suffices to provide all the fuel for despicable acts.

Forming any opinion is made more difficult by the motivated Indian media. It's so unreliable, you have to first think about why they printed this and yet ignored the countless other similar cases; you have to consider whether they would tell the truth if the motivations were not caste-related; you wonder about the timing, and their wording and what exactly they want to instill in their readership. What they conceal and what they are subtly twisting into untruths so that it fits with what they wish to feed to the readers.
So in the end you're left with nothing but suspicions and guesses about the actual case, and sometimes even the actual sequence of events is disputed by various papers.

Utepian,
I do agree that Hindu groups ought to do something drastic to change the way Harijan communities are still side-lined and become victims of terrifying crimes only because of how their community background is perceived. Having said that, most Hindu groups are powerless (politically) and get their manpower from volunteers. They can't be everywhere, all the time, in such a large country. And it takes time to change Indian society for the better, even were it not for the christoislamics or communists who don't want any change for the better unless they can claim their ideology did it. Anything Hindu groups might do gets branded as Hindutva, there's nothing the terrorists like better than to obstruct our progress and present us as a group of people who do not want to change the bad things. Look what they did to the noble Kanchi Shankaracharya who had been doing some serious good for the Tamil Harijan communities in his area.
It's not that Hindus don't want to improve things. We are slow, but not without a sense of realising what requires correction; in spite of the daunting nature of the task: even though we see that the problem is a huge one to tackle and the population-size it spans is even more huge. But it's hard to do anything on a large scale in complete secrecy, especially when there is another side that is not only wishing for failure but actively working for it.

But since it's a hobby for the christo journalists in the west and their stooges in India to portray Hindus and Hindu groups as fascists anyway (damned if we do, damned if we don't) it should not matter either way and so we ought to do what needs doing: keep trying to get Harijan communities the universal and willing social acceptance on equal footing they deserve among the rest of Hindu society. That just leaves me wondering what I'm doing living so far away and incapable of anything constructive but typing my cheerleading cheers for the home team.

<!--QuoteBegin-->QUOTE<!--QuoteEBegin-->The two women were stripped, paraded naked and then brutally massacred. Is it even important to know if forcible sexual intercourse took place after all that?<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->You're right that it makes little difference to us reading about possible further events - we're past the point of being incensed further with anger. But the women involved had to suffer whatever was done to them. And that they died thereafter would not have lessened the trauma they experienced before they were murdered. So it would have made a world of difference to them had they been raped in addition to the rest of it.
Hope they were really spared that at least, and that the shock to their system (from the rest of the foul abuse inflicted on them) made them numb to the pain of the blows that finally extinguished them.
I realize that this is an unpleasant thread to pull up. But, I just wanted to ensure that pertinent information was not missed.

Here is the link: Khairlanji: How the Demon Played Out the Dance of Death.

Here are the relevant extracts from the above link:
<!--QuoteBegin-->QUOTE<!--QuoteEBegin--> The CBI had filed a charge sheet against the 11 accused in the case Wednesday. They are Gopal Binjewar, Sakru Mahagu Binjewar, Shatrughna, Mahipal, Shishupal, Dharampal, Vishwanath and Ramu Dhande, Jagdish and Prabhakar Mandlekar and Purushottam Titarmare.
It all began Sept 3 when Siddharth Gajbhiye, a family friend of the Bhotmanges, slapped one Sakru Mahagu Binjewar inside Bhaiyyalal's house. <b>Sakru, whose wife worked as a labourer on Gajbhiye's farm, had demanded her wages from him.</b> During the wordy duel that ensued, <b>Gajbhiye, a wealthy and influential police patil of the adjoining village, slapped Sakru</b>.

Sakru and his friends thrashed Gajbhiye the same evening in front of Bhaiyyalal's wife Surekha and daughter Priyanka.

In their statement to police along with Gajbhiye's complaint about the beating, <b>the two women 'implicated' 12 people against whom they allegedly had an axe to grind when actually only four people had assaulted Gajbhiye</b>.

On being released on bail Sep 29, the “wronged” friends of Sakru, joined by some others in the village, marched straight to Bhotmanges' house and settled the scores.
<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
So, Gopal and Sakru Mahagu Binjewar were probably the principal killers. According to the Maharashtra Online Land Records System, the Binjewars own no land in the village. Perhaps, they are landless laborers who work for others in and outside Khairlanji (like Siddharth Gajbhiye, who is a relative of the victims). If you want to check the land holdings in the village, you need to click on Query, and choose District: Bhandara, Taluk: Mohadi and Village: Khairlanji. Many of the people in the village own a couple of acres here, and a couple of acres there. Prima facie, there don't appear to be specimens of the "arrogant landlord" variety here.

Also, how much caste consciousness is there in the village, when the killer's wife works for a relative of the victims?
Not related to Khairlanji but this crime and lack of police action.

<b>Magistrate on the run after ‘raping’ daughter</b><!--QuoteBegin-->QUOTE<!--QuoteEBegin--><i>A subdivisional magistrate in UP has been suspended for raping his 25-year-old daughter several times since 2001</i>
IANS
Lucknow: Justice is finally catching up with a judicial official, who is on the run after he is alleged to have repeatedly raped his daughter.

<b>Virendra Kumar Dohre, subdivisional magistrate of Mahoba, about 300 km from here, has been suspended and cannot be traced. The dalit official allegedly raped his daughter Pratima Singh, 25, in the presence of her mother, for the first time in 2001.</b>

The Uttar Pradesh government has deputed two senior officers of the rank of deputy inspector general of police to arrest Dohre. “We have not been able to arrest him so far,” Uttar Pradesh DGP Bua Singh said.

<b>Action against Dohre followed after his daughter met state Principal Home Secretary Satish Kumar Agarwal about 10 days ago along with Madhu Kishwar, a Delhi-based woman rights activist, who took up the case. </b>

“Dohre has committed the most heinous crime. The government ordered his suspension on Friday,” the DGP said.

According to the complaint by Pratima, she was raped first in 2001 when her father was posted in Kanpur. She tried reporting the matter to the police but the local police station refused to entertain her complaint. After this, her father repeated the act several times, she alleged. He threatened her with dire consequences if she dared to complain, she said.

“Having already been a victim of his continued oppression and physical torture, my mother could not dare to take up cudgels against my father. She even dissuaded me from doing so,” Pratima said in her complaint.

Pratima, however, did not give up. In January 2002, she managed to get her complaint reach the state DGP. But the investigation landed in the hands of her father himself.

Kishwar said: “When he came know about the complaint against himself, he thrashed Pratima with a steel rod and put a gun to her chest, and told her: ‘You think a DGP can protect you against me? I hold many DGPs in my fist and can make them do my bidding.’.”

Kishwar said: “Thereafter, he forced her to write a statement in a slightly changed handwriting, saying that she had never made any complaint against her father, who never maltreated her.”

Eventually, a friend came to her rescue and took her out of the mess. A few months later she eloped and got married to a Satya Prakash in Varanasi, where the latter was studying for his medical degree. She chose Satya Prakash as her saviour because his father had helped her mother and expressed sympathy for her plight.

What followed was a harrowing experience not only for Pratima, but also for Satya Prakash’s entire family. They were harassed and hounded by Dohre and his hired goons, Kishwar charged.

It was in September this year, Pratima got through to at television channel in which she came out in the open against her father. 

•  “Having already been a victim of his oppression, my mother could not dare to take up cudgels against my father. She even dissuaded me from doing so.” — The victim<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
Reopening this thread. Some positive developments:
Six get death for Khairlanji killings
Justice has prevailed and was swift. Kudos to all those involved in delivering justice to Bhotmange family.
<!--QuoteBegin-->QUOTE<!--QuoteEBegin-->Reading out the operative part of the keenly awaited judgment that generated intense speculation, the first ad-hoc Sessions Judge S S Dass described the killings of four members of a Dalit family in Khairlanji village as a “fiendish act” calling for nothing less than death sentence.

After giving his verdict on September 15 on the slaughter of the wife and three children of Bhaiyyalal Bhotmange, an humble Dalit farmer of Khairlanji of Bhandara district, by a frenzied mob on his house on September 29, 2006, the judge heard arguments on the quantum of sentence.

While the judge convicted eight of the eleven persons, accused for murder, rioting, causing removal of evidence and unlawful assembly — and acquitted three others for lack of evidence, he dropped the vital charges of atrocity and conspiracy. The mob attack was not inspired by caste animosity, he said.

<b>The six who were awarded death sentence are: Sakru Mahagu Binjewar, Shatrughan Issam Dhande, Vishwanath Hagru Dhande, Ramu Mangru Dhande, Jagdish Ratan Mandlekar and Prabhakar Jaswant Mandlekar. 

The two who will spend the rest of their lives in jail are Shishupal Vishwanath Dhande and Gopal Sakru Binjewar. </b>
<span style='color:red'>All the eight murder convicts, as also the three acquitted, namely Purushottam Titirmare, Mahipal Dhande and Dharampal Dhande, belong to the ‘Other Backward Castes’.
</span><!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
Will the bloggers (Vij?) who stroked communal tensions and worst racists bigotry have a decency to apologize?