MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
Jan Lokpal movement

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jan Lokpal movement
[url="http://janamejayan.wordpress.com/2011/10/18/i-praise-the-people-who-attacked-prashant-bhushan-bal-thackeray/"][size="4"]“I praise the people who attacked Prashant Bhushan”: Bal Thackeray[/size][/url]

[url="http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/india/SC-issues-notice-to-Anna-on-funds-misuse-case/articleshow/10394832.cms"][size="4"]SC issues notice to Anna on funds misuse case[/size][/url]
[size="3"]It's not too long before the "clean chit" is secured by junior Maino.

[url="http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/india/Signs-of-a-thaw-Anna-Hazare-invites-Rahul-home-to-Ralegan-Siddhi/articleshow/10394278.cms"]Signs of a thaw? Anna Hazare invites Rahul home to Ralegan Siddhi[/url]

Quote:"Anna's message is clear that Rahul is welcome to Ralegan. He has high expectations from Rahul about the leadership of the new generation," Vinayakrao Deshmukh, Hazare's nephew, told TOI, quoting the Gandhian.

Vinayakrao, who incidentally is Congress in-charge of implementation of UPA's flagship schemes in Maharashtra, is in the capital.

[/size]
[size="3"][url="http://www.rediff.com/news/report/book-prashant-bhushan-for-sedition-says-baba-ramdev/20111017.htm"]Book Prashant Bhushan for sedition: Baba Ramdev[/url]

Quote:Yoga guru Baba Ramdev on Monday demanded the registration of a case of sedition against leading Supreme Court lawyer and Team Anna member Prashant Bhushan.

Addressing a press conference in Lucknow , Ramdev said, "What Bhushan said in reference to Kashmir [ Images ] was highly seditious and cannot be condoned."

According to him, "The language used by Bhushan does not behove a prominent member of civil society that was taking up a huge social cause, therefore there was every reason to restrain him".

Ramdev even sought an explanation from activist Anna Hazare for allowing Bhushan to "use the banner of civil society for issuing a seditious statement on Kashmir".

"I am sure Annaji owes a clarification to the people of the country on the issue, he must make his stand clearer," he emphasised.

Asked for his views on the Jan Lokpal Bill, Baba Ramdev said, "Well, unlike Annaji, I would not give up my agitation even if the Jan Lokpal Bill is passed by Parliament, as my mission is to expose and bring back all of India's black money that is stacked in foreign banks."
[/size]
[url="http://ibnlive.in.com/news/anna-takes-on-bhushan-says-can-fight-for-kashmir/194201-3.html"][size="4"]Anna takes on Prashant Bhushan, says can fight for Kashmir[/size][/url]

New Delhi: Anti-corruption activist Anna Hazare has taken another swipe at his team member Prashant Bhushan over his controversial Kashmir plebiscite remark.

Writing in his blog Anna said that he is even willing to fight against Pakistan for Kashmir as against those who merely talk. Anna pointed out that as an army man, he had taken an active part in the India-Pakistan war and survived a bullet injury on his forehead.

Anna said that Kashmir is an integral part of India and will remain so.

In his blog, he wrote, "This is my active conviction that Kashmir is an integral part of India and will remain so. Today once again if I have to, I am ready to take part in war against Pakistan. But some people can only speak and don't do anything on ground in reality for Kashmir and this is unfortunate."

Here is the full text of the blog post by Anna Hazare:

My Dear Sisters and Brothers,

Namaskar!

Some people talk incoherent things about Kashmir related issues but they are unaware of the fact that when I was in the army I had taken active part in India-Pakistan war as a soldier. All my colleagues attained martyrdom on the border during the war with Pakistan. But I miraculously survived.

It was then I pledged the rest of my life in the service of my country.

Even today you can see the marks on my forehead left behind by Pakistan’s bullet. This is my active conviction that Kashmir is an integral part of India and will remain so. Today once again if I have to, am ready to take part in war against Pakistan. But some people can only speak and don’t do anything on ground (in reality for Kashmir) and this is unfortunate.

K B Hazare (Anna)
[quote name='Husky' date='10 October 2011 - 01:33 PM' timestamp='1318249547' post='113253']

^

So where did the dude who started this and many another thread in rapid succession (mostly related to Team Anna RaRa) go? Is it a ... uh what does one call it again, a miracle? I mean, a "mystery"?

Or maybe he'll come back soon to indicate that he never really left and is just fine and well ("but the forum was too slow-moving"). Well, ya have to admit it's possible.

[/quote]

Hi Husky,

The Dudes name is Manoj :-)) and I have been following the various posts and the drama unfold in India from a distance!! Well we do have to admit the forum is more of a collection of news items of interest, I would be happy if people posted more of their personal opinions as that is of essence and gets the forum to speed. A movement in India is the call of the day as I get the impression the majority are mere spectators in the drama played by politicians and the media. We all are good critics but somehow reluctant to take the rein in own hands. It is all too easy to criticize the few who stand up in the fight against corruption and bureaucracy. Perhaps we ought to be more open minded.
[url="http://epaper.hindustantimes.com/Default.aspx?selpg=3815&page=19_10_2011_001.jpg&ed=47&arthigh=18"][size="5"][size="4"]Slipper hurled at Arvind Kejriwal[/size][/size][/url]
[quote name='Capt Manoj Singh' date='15 October 2011 - 12:07 AM' timestamp='1318616977' post='113341']

Many in India would regard M.K. Gandhi as anti-nationalist as he was so carried away by his belief in non-violence and humanity that he was prepared to go out of the way to appease the muslims even at the cost of partition. The fact remains there are and will be some die hard believers in that theory even in present era, people like Prashant Bushan who would support a similar ideology for the sake of peace. Calling him anti-nationalist or pro-peace would depend on how you view it. M.K. Gandhi is still called 'Mahatama' because he was beyond greed. He fought against apartheid in South Africa just as he did in India for swaraj. I am not comparing the two persons as Gandhi is virtually incomparable but somehow feel probably Prashant Bhushan is motivated and driven in that direction. Nationalism and humanity often do not go hand in hand.

[/quote]

Manoj ji,

If you look at things like this as if you are a non-Indian your view may be correct. But we in India Forum don't give a damn about 'above India' views. This guy Prashant Bhushan is a traitor and those who lynched him are heros. Bharat Mata ki Jai!
I'm all for this freedom on speech thing, but people have to accept the fact that this freedom comes with a responsibility. Using the proverbial example, one can't just get up in a crowded theatre and shout 'fire' without consequences. Why can't people stick to the topic or subject matter they are good at. Does this clown Bhushan have any ideas on the preconditions of the plebiscite or basic grasp of geo-political affairs?

It's easy to say 'oh, it's my personal opinion'. Why not tomorrow try dispense some financial or legal or medical advise via media with a caveat "it's personal opinion onlee yaar"?

Personal opinions should be kept personal. What you do in privacy of bedroom or pray in prayer room or eat in kitchen is your business - if you try to air it in public, be ready to take the heat.

Some sundry entities have new found 15 minutes in limelight and will resort to anything to hold on to it.

Wouldn't be surprised if this whole thing is a diversion to get focus away from politicians.
[quote name='Viren' date='19 October 2011 - 04:55 PM' timestamp='1319039222' post='113391']

I'm all for this freedom on speech thing, but people have to accept the fact that this freedom comes with a responsibility. Using the proverbial example, one can't just get up in a crowded theatre and shout 'fire' without consequences. Why can't people stick to the topic or subject matter they are good at. Does this clown Bhushan have any ideas on the preconditions of the plebiscite or basic grasp of geo-political affairs?

It's easy to say 'oh, it's my personal opinion'. Why not tomorrow try dispense some financial or legal or medical advise via media with a caveat "it's personal opinion onlee yaar"?

Personal opinions should be kept personal. What you do in privacy of bedroom or pray in prayer room or eat in kitchen is your business - if you try to air it in public, be ready to take the heat.

Some sundry entities have new found 15 minutes in limelight and will resort to anything to hold on to it.

Wouldn't be surprised if this whole thing is a diversion to get focus away from politicians.

[/quote]

I do agree with you on that Viren. Freedom of speech does come with responsibility. It appears Prashant Bhushan was plain stupid and did not realize how serious his remarks were. Anyway, he appears to have been paid a huge price for his reckless comment not only by hoodlums in his own chamber but by the whole nation labeling him a traitor.
[quote name='Savithri' date='19 October 2011 - 01:19 PM' timestamp='1319026315' post='113389']

Manoj ji,

If you look at things like this as if you are a non-Indian your view may be correct. But we in India Forum don't give a damn about 'above India' views. This guy Prashant Bhushan is a traitor and those who lynched him are heros. Bharat Mata ki Jai!

[/quote]

With due regards, traitors do not usually come out in the open with such provocative remarks. The man was plain stupid and did not foresee the kind of reaction his out of place remarks will get. Although I am a British national, I feel just as strongly about India as perhaps any one of you do.
[quote name='Capt Manoj Singh' date='19 October 2011 - 09:56 PM' timestamp='1319041117' post='113393']

With due regards, traitors do not usually come out in the open with such provocative remarks. The man was plain stupid and did not foresee the kind of reaction his out of place remarks will get. Although I am a British national, I feel just as strongly about India as perhaps any one of you do.

[/quote]

I agree Prashant Bhushan is stupid but a traitor nevertheless for speaking for the enemy.
Does Agnivesh know something to land ex-police-woman into trouble?

[url="www.dnaindia.com/india/report_agnivesh-asks-kiran-bedi-to-submit-her-ngo-for-probe_1601223"][size="4"]Agnivesh asks Kiran Bedi to submit her NGO for probe[/size][/url]
[size="3"][url="http://articles.timesofindia.indiatimes.com/2011-10-19/lucknow/30297208_1_arvind-kejriwal-team-anna-lokpal"]Only Sonia Gandhi can bring strong Lokpal: Arvind Kejriwal[/url][/size]

Quote:Narrating an incident, Kejriwal said, "I typed UP and Mayawati on the search engine in the internet, there was a list of over 100 scams in UP." he said.

The question is can Mayawati constitute Lokpal to curb corruption or for that Mulayam or BJP, Kejriwal asked?

"The answer is that only Congress president Sonia Gandhi can do so. Her direction to the Congress-led UPA government can ensure a strong Jan Lokpal, which can put all corrupt politicians behind bars be it those belonging to BSP, SP, BJP or Congress," he said at Jhulelal Park.

Showing his true color? No qualms about it??
[quote name='Amatya Rakshas' date='20 October 2011 - 05:59 PM' timestamp='1319129470' post='113412']

[size="3"][url="http://articles.timesofindia.indiatimes.com/2011-10-19/lucknow/30297208_1_arvind-kejriwal-team-anna-lokpal"]Only Sonia Gandhi can bring strong Lokpal: Arvind Kejriwal[/url][/size]

Showing his true color? No qualms about it??

[/quote]

He is probably trying to escape being bashed up by hoodlums like Prashant Bushan. One statement against the UPA and maybe he too would have to go on a maun vratha like Anna. Sorry folks, to me it appears it is a total Goonda raj out there!!
[quote name='Capt Manoj Singh' date='20 October 2011 - 11:33 PM' timestamp='1319133322' post='113413']

He is probably trying to escape being bashed up by hoodlums like Prashant Bushan. One statement against the UPA and maybe he too would have to go on a maun vratha like Anna. Sorry folks, to me it appears it is a total Goonda raj out there!!

[/quote]

Sorry, I don't think people who beat Prashant Bhushan are hoodlums. They are patriots disgusted with secularist betrayers and back-stabbers of Bharat Mata. May the country have many more such brave people!

The real reason for Kejriwal's appeasement can be gleaned from the following:

[url="http://economictimes.indiatimes.com/news/politics/nation/arvid-kejriwal-slapped-with-fresh-i-t-notice-on-dues/articleshow/10440457.cms"][size="3"]Arvid Kejriwal slapped with fresh I-T notice on dues[/size][/url]
Anna Hazare defends Kiran Bedi, slams 'gang of four'

Hindustan Times

Social activist Anna Hazare came out on Monday in support of his team member and former IPS officer Kiran Bedi - who is enmeshed in a controversy over her inflated travel bills - and pointed fingers at a 'gang of four' in the ruling party.

[url="http://www.hindustantimes.com/India-news/NewDelhi/Anna-Hazare-defends-Kiran-Bedi-slams-gang-of-four/Article1-761139.aspx"]Anna Hazare defends Kiran Bedi, slams 'gang of four'[/url]
[quote name='Capt Manoj Singh' date='25 October 2011 - 03:04 AM' timestamp='1319491606' post='113467']

Social activist Anna Hazare came out on Monday in support of his team member and former IPS officer Kiran Bedi - who is enmeshed in a controversy over her inflated travel bills - and pointed fingers at a 'gang of four' in the ruling party.

[/quote]

So are the rest of the Congress Party good guys?
[quote name='Savithri' date='25 October 2011 - 06:28 AM' timestamp='1319520030' post='113473']

So are the rest of the Congress Party good guys?

[/quote]

I think it was told for Lawyers but holds just as good for politicians - 99% of them give the rest a bad name ;-))
The way the Americans used and now misuse ANNA movement

[url="http://janamejayan.wordpress.com/2011/10/26/in-india-a-movement-frayed-by-self-interest/"][size="4"]In India, a Movement Frayed by Self-Interest[/size][/url]
Where is now Jan Lok Pal?