• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Book Folder
Still on:

[quote name='Husky' date='18 February 2013 - 07:15 PM' timestamp='1361194629' post='116477']

Not a book, but I suppose it files under "resource" or something.

[url="http://tinyurl.com/b4xyxya"]For Hindoos[/url]

[/quote]

Such an airhead - forgot to put up an img for the link. It's the pre-existing

[Image: diff_zpsde13cc08.jpg]

But the difference with the pre-existing stuff is as just demonstrated.

And forgot to be explicit:

For hindOOs, so by definition not for aliens. Which of course means it's not for the likes of 'indologists', alien dabblers (aka "converts", new-ageists, alien self-declared "vedicists"/"pure vedicists" etc) or any other alien one can('t) think of.

Hmmm. Alien dabblers (incl. people who threaten to be "converts" to Hindu or Taoist or other heathen=ethnic religions) keep reminding me of the premise of that really rather Ewww late 80s/early 90s (?) movie "Single White Female". It's where the lead character describes herself with the film's title in a newspaper advert for seeking a roommate. Thus she essentially acquires another of the same kind, who initially seems acceptable, but then turns out to be a socio-path which copies her looks/identity and then tries to murder the original and even some of her connections (having already murdered its own identical twin at youth).

And indologists' favourite pastime ("indology") - their sense of entitlement to "study" it ("We should have right of access to the Vedas, we know what it all 'actually' means"), coupled with their abhorrence for (or at best their inability to ever be able to remotely understand*) the Hindoos - *since by definition indologists aren't any kind of heathens - and their uncanny skill at destroying the Hindus' religion in order to acquire it for themselves, either as their own identity ("we're the real vedicists") or as their hobby ("we declare Hindus are extinct, so that at last makes us the New, Sole and True/Original Experts on this ancient/extinct religion, which we couldn't be while Hindus were recognised as experts at their own business")

- particularly brings to mind the lines of U2's The Fly (track from Achtung Baby):

'Every artist is a cannibal

Every poet is a thief

All *kill* their inspiration

and sing about their grief'

Yes....

How strangely apt in this reading.

But that's enough reminiscing on the early 90s.

ADDED:

Actually, those last 2 lines of the U2 excerpt are what the aliens did to their own ancestral religion, before they now started parasiting on Hindu religion, before they then (frequently) move on to do the same to Daoism. It's funny how many alien dabblers in Daoism have a history of dabbling with Hindu religion before that. (Then there are aliens who enter into Buddhism because they pretend it gives them right of access to Daoism and Hinduism.) In fact, there's a pattern in alien dabbling in Hindu religion too: "vedicist" (dabbling in homas etc) to shaivas to shaktam and tantra (and dabbling in shakta mantras). IIRC, one Russian site - which typically leeches off many stotra sites set up by Tamizh Hindus for *Hindus* - started off with hosting pictures of one of its webhosts (a female) doing homams in the open air, and evolved on to recordings of these Russians reciting the Upanishads (I didn't hear, as I didn't want to die), then a few years later the site suddenly renamed itself to have a Shaiva domain, the dabblers having now evolved into their Shaivam phase. Tomorrow I bet it will dabble in Shaktam. Whether Russians (or Germans) will move on to Daoism I don't know, it's usually the angelsk-speaking - especially American variant of dabblers - that shift to Daoism. The Mediterranean and Spanish-speaking kind - including from S America - might swing either way: stick to dabbling in Hindu religion, or then try to parasite on Daoism too.

I admit I tend to prefer the British in this: most British people that I've noticed gravitating to extant heathenisms tend not to be interested in dabbling in eastern heathenisms and just try to seriously study Hellenismos, usually focused on Philosophy. The Hellenes can decide whether they welcome the non-ethnic interest or not, but at least such Brits are not new-agey in their interest and don't have that appropriating tendency vis-a-vis Hellenistic religion (that sense of entitlement of "it must all be equally ours, because *we've* decided we've converted - whether you heathens wanted us to convert/recognise us as converts is irrelevant. Therefore we have right of access to your materials and your native temples and your moorties") - an appropriating tendency which the other aliens exhibit with respect to eastern heathenisms.

Maybe the difference lies with Hellenismos and the effect it has on those 'western' minds which are trying to free themselves from christianism at some level. In any case eastern heathenisms clearly fries aliens' brains.
Apparently [color="#0000FF"]only for ethnic HindOOs.[/color] So not for unHindoos including Aliens ("converts"/dabblers/indologicals/"Hinduism Studies" etc). Same rules as with the above post.

[Image: p_zps20078024.png]

And here's the Link.

I think you're meant to set it to the one you *know* in the box on the Top LEFT.

• கிரந்த எழுத்து தெரிந்து கொள்ள <- Sole reason for this post. I didn't need it, but figure some Tamizh & Malayali HindOOs may not yet be familiar/may want to be more familiar. Sadly [color="#0000FF"]this particular one seems to work only on the IE browser[/color], as indicated in the above picture. (Although I could swear that when I glanced over this very option a year or so ago it looked correct on various other browsers...)

• Of the remaining ones listed in the picture, I can only read two which seem to look okay to me. [color="#0000FF"]The rest may or may not to work in all browsers, I couldn't say.[/color]

• [color="#0000FF"]The last one in the picture does not work on the IE browser[/color] (or at least, looked broken compared to when I tried it in another browser). Gave the semblance of being more 'correct' - to me - on the browsers indicated next to it in the image; though obviously I wouldn't know, as I don't read this one either.

And for no reason at all (and don't need a reason either):

[Image: ii_zps258a5d3e.png]

:Amma: :Appa:

AGAIN: Image and link - entire post - [color="#0000FF"]only for ethnic HindOOs.[/color] As the author(s) themselves have stated.

[Corrected: not right but left.]
Saw several people discussing the subject recently in separate sites. The following is relevant, particularly since it seems to have been updated.

A while back, had noticed the following does look okay now in Firefox and IIRC Chrome, not just IE.

[quote name='Husky' date='29 April 2014 - 08:31 PM' timestamp='1398783230' post='117211']

And here's the Link.

I think you're meant to set it to the one you *know* in the box on the Top LEFT.

• கிரந்த எழுத்து தெரிந்து கொள்ள <- Sole reason for this post.

[...]

And for no reason at all (and don't need a reason either):

[Image: ii_zps258a5d3e.png]

:Amma: :Appa:

AGAIN: Image and link - entire post - [color="#0000FF"]only for ethnic HindOOs.[/color] As the author(s) themselves have stated.

[/quote]

A while back, had noticed the above does look okay now in Firefox and IIRC Chrome, not just IE.

Would be nice to include the Siddhamaatruka/Shaarada in the list. To revive it in the Kashmiri HindOOs, and restore it to them.

This is a relatively small thing, NOT impossible to do. It ain't easy, but not impossible. Certainly not for learning purposes.

Wish there was a lot of printed/photocopied material in Sharada to use as a foundation. Sigh.