MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
Bollywood And Propaganda

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bollywood And Propaganda
<!--QuoteBegin-->QUOTE<!--QuoteEBegin-->Americans Won't Let Pak Collapse
by singlanuj on Rediff

Billions in US aid that are being showered on Pakistan reminds me of that scene in Slumdog Millionaire that took place at the Taj Mahal in Agra. An American tourist couple happened to ask Jamal, the hero, where they could find a guide to take them round the Taj. “I am a guide and will take you round”, came the prompt reply.

The Americans were so overwhelmed at finding a willing hand so readily that the man immediately flashed out a hundred dollar note and gave it to the boy. Jamal then coolly spun out tales about the Taj – a bit in the slick style of our Zardari Sahib – with no connection to actual facts, for which he was showered with many more dollars. link<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
I don't get the point of one country conferring an honorary doctorate on a non-citizen of a different nationality. Sounds like the Aussie uni only wants to give Bachchan their unsought doctorate in order to be the first uni to associate themselves with him.

If Bachchan wants a doctorate thus conferred, can't he choose an Indian university? I'm sure at least one would be willing.

timesofindia.indiatimes.com/Australian-University-still-keen-to-honour-Bachchan/articleshow/4604163.cms
<!--QuoteBegin-->QUOTE<!--QuoteEBegin--><b>Oz University still keen to honour Bachchan</b>
1 Jun 2009, 1637 hrs IST, PTI

MELBOURNE: After Amitabh Bachchan turned down its award following a spate of attacks on Indian students here, Australia's Queensland University
on Monday said it will wait for "another opportunity" to confer the honorary doctorate on the "towering figure in Bollywood".

The Queensland University of Technology said it was understandable of Bachchan to turn down the award in protest of recent attacks on Indians in Australia.

The Brisbane-based University had offered the veteran a doctorate for his contribution to the world of entertainment and Bachchan had earlier accepted the title.

The honour was to be conferred on the star in July as a part of celebrations to commemorate a retrospective of his films to be inaugurated in the city.

However, reacting to the recent racial attacks, the 66-year-old actor said he would not accept the title.

QUT Vice-Chancellor Peter Coaldrake said he understood why the "towering figure in Bollywood" turned down the doctorate.

"The acts against Indian students in Australia is incredibly unfortunate and to be deplored and sensitivities back home in India are well understood, therefore we understand entirely the reasons," he said.

However, Coaldrake said: "We hope another that another day might come and there will be another opportunity (to confer) the award," Coaldrake said.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
The endless World Fission christo ads at TOI are sickening. They're very bold to advertise their christoism in this way. Maybe soon all Hindu readership of TOI will fizzle off.
Hmmm. No adverts for how the terrorist World Vision actively helped murder Swami Lakshmanananda and the other Hindu leaders with him?
Very funny -

http://rajeev2004.blogspot.com/2009/07/hil...sits-india.html
<!--QuoteBegin-->QUOTE<!--QuoteEBegin-->Saturday, July 18, 2009
<b>Hillary Visits India</b>
Here's a pathetic but unsurprising anecdote from Hillary's visit to India (http://www.nytimes.com/2009/07/19/world/...inton.html):
    <!--QuoteBegin--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE<!--QuoteEBegin-->Inevitably, some of these encounters are more successful than others. In the category of less successful was a panel discussion on Saturday afternoon on education at a Jesuit college, at which Mrs. Clinton appeared with <b>Aamir Khan</b>, a prominent Indian film star who advocates for better teaching.

While Mrs. Clinton offered an earnest discussion of teaching standards in Arkansas, <b>Mr. Khan appeared to condone dropping out of school to pursue entertainment careers.</b><!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->Yet again, Amir Khan shows that he's pretty brainless in all ways. That's what to expect from morons born with silver spoons in their mouths. I think it's good for such moments to be captured on camera, and then played back endlessly to remind everyone what fools like him are all about.
Posted by san at 7/18/2009 02:28:00 PM 2 comments
Labels: bollywood, children's issues, entertainment, india, Islam, poverty, usa <!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->Didn't know anyone was expecting brains or acting ability from aamir khan. Thought people just watched him and the other khan dodos because they had nothing better to watch. Well, at least no one (with taste) could be watching them for their 'looks'. So I suppose brains are a slightly <i>more</i> likely expectation.
<b>Detained for being a Khan, says 'humiliated' Shah Rukh</b><!--QuoteBegin-->QUOTE<!--QuoteEBegin-->Khan, 43, was enroute to Chicago for a parade to mark the independece day on Saturday when he was pulled aside at Newark airport on Friday, he said.

"I was really hassled perhaps because of my name being Khan. These guys just wouldn't let me through," he said in a text message to reporters.

After a couple of hours' interrogation, he was allowed to make a call, he said, and he got in touch with the Indian consulate who vouched for him and secured his release.

"<b>Absolutely uncalled for, I think. I felt angry and humiliated</b>," said Khan, who had just finished a month-long shoot in the United States for his upcoming film<b> "My Name is Khan", which is about a Muslim man's experience with racial profiling.</b>

A US consul official in India told a televsion channel they were inquiring into the matter.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
I don't understand why this moron is feeling humiliated or angry. Hello , 17 Muslims terrorist hijacked planes and slammed on buildings which killed more than 3000 people. Even now lot of morons are still trying to harm US, Airport Security are doing their job. Sharukh Khan should show his tantrums in India with his inflated ego. Don't come to US.
I am happy, US is still doing good job, protecting sky.
<b>Spielberg wins funds to launch new studio</b><!--QuoteBegin-->QUOTE<!--QuoteEBegin-->LOS ANGELES (AFP) –<b> The new DreamWorks Studios run by Steven Spielberg and Stacey Snider announced it had finalized an 825-million-dollar deal with Indian conglomerate Reliance ADA Group</b>.
DreamWorks said it had secured the final piece of financing for its plan to shoot about six films a year, which came in the form of 325 million dollars provided by J.P. Morgan Securities and other banks.
Walt Disney Studios, which will handle marketing and distribution for the new studio except in India, is also set to extend a loan for an amount that was not disclosed but the L<b>os Angeles Times reported amounted to 175 million dollars</b>.
Along with the J<b>.P. Morgan financing and an equal 325-million-dollar commitment from Reliance Big Entertainment, DreamWorks secured a total of 825 million, </b>which should allow the studio to launch its activity anew after cutting its ties with Paramount Pictures in October 2008.
............<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
Sold out
[QUOTE]<i>
With foreign studios buying up Bollywood films it is a win-win situation for all, finds out Siddharth Tewari</i>
<b>Has Kaminey insulted Lord Jagannath?</b>

<!--QuoteBegin-->QUOTE<!--QuoteEBegin-->.. The police in the temple town of Puri in Orissa have registered a case against the producers of Kaminey following a complaint that the name of Jagannath, the presiding deity of the Puri temple, had been misused in the movie.

..<b>The organisation office bearers have pointed out that Lord Jagannath's name has been put up on the door of a toilet in one scene. The door bears the words -- Apna haath Jagannath. </b>The organisation says that this is an attempt to insult Jagannath and has hurt the sentiments of millions of devotees.

Stepping up the pressure, the organisation has also asked the Orissa Government to ban the movie in the State. Local people and those serving the Puri temple also staged a demonstration and burnt posters of the film.
link<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
Comment at http://rajeev2004.blogspot.com/2009/09/in-...s-of-girls.html
<!--QuoteBegin-->QUOTE<!--QuoteEBegin--> Ashok Kumar said...

You Tweeted:
    "pretty woman" = ugly american. julia roberts' thugs take over hindu temple. http://bit.ly/1RzV1k

But have a look here.
    http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/Julia-R...how/5047870.cms
    She doesn't seem to be anti-hindu.

Do you remember some muslim thugs created some trouble when Angelina Jolie came to India to shoot http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/A_Mighty_Heart_%28film%29
    Since "A Mighty Heart" was a film about radical islam and Khaled Sheikh Mohammad beheading Daniel Pearl, Indian Radical Islamists tried to create all sorts of troubles while shooting the movie.

I think the movie may show Hinduism in a +ve light, which the Communists/congress/Islamists do not like.
    So I suspect whether these protesters are astroturfed (ie rented crowd) by Communists/Congress to create trouble for shooting of the movie to supress Hindu pride.

9/23/2009 10:41 AM<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
LeT’s ‘Rahul’ is Mahesh Bhatt’s son
<!--QuoteBegin-->QUOTE<!--QuoteEBegin-->The mysterious name, Rahul, mentioned extensively in LeT operative David Coleman Headley’s e-mails to handlers in Pakistan has finally been identified. It’s neither Shah Rukh Khan nor Rahul Gandhi, <b>but the son of famous filmmaker Mahesh Bhatt.</b>

And nor is Rahul Bhatt, 25, a fitness instructor and a body builder, on the LeT hit list; he is in fact a friend of Headley who was arrested by the Federal Bureau of Investigation in Chicago last month.

However, investigating agencies, who have already questioned Rahul, have almost given him a clean chit, saying that he appears to be innocent.

An officer privy to the investigations said, “He has admitted to being friends with Headley. But, in all probability, he didn’t know Headley’s actual background and took him to be a foreign national in India on a job. That was exactly the guise Headley had been living under in India between 2006 and 2009.”

It has also come to light that it was Rahul who helped Headley rent a flat near Breach Candy hospital.
<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

<!--QuoteBegin-->QUOTE<!--QuoteEBegin-->When contacted, Rahul’s father Mahesh Bhatt neither confirmed nor denied that his son had been questioned by the police in connection with the Headley case. He simply said, “This is an issue of national security and not something trivial related to Bollywood. Ask agencies that deal with national security. I will not say anything more.”<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->
Expect this to be shoved under the rug given the Bollywood influence on political landscape.
[url="http://in.news.yahoo.com/48/20091221/1251/ten-aamir-gatecrashes-pre-wedding-bash-b.html"]Aamir 'gatecrashes' pre-wedding bash; bride, family over the moon[/url]
Quote:On a promotional tour for his new film '3 Idiots', Aamir entered the bash disguised as a documentary filmmaker, complete with a goatee, a curly mop and a fake gold tooth. But the disguise did not work that well and as soon as the bride's father Jasveer Singh saw him, he knew it was Aamir.

"We recognised him immediately. And everyone went crazy after that, including Aamir. He stayed with us for around two hours and participated in all the ceremonies," he says. As the whole village descended on the bride's house to see Aamir, the filmstar remained unflustered and completely uninhibited. He and his team sang and danced, and then ate with the guests.

"Everyone was overwhelmed by his humility. He was very cordial and did not behave like a star at all. It was amazing to have him with us," adds Jasveer.

When told that the groom, Gurjeet Singh, might feel left out, Aamir talked to him over the phone and invited him and Ramandeep to the premier of the movie. "Though I could not meet him, he wished me luck. But I think Raman was luckier," laughs Gurjeet, a farmer and a resident of Sherpur Kalan village.

Gurjeet and Ramandeep got married on Sunday, but the Aamir frenzy persisted.

They now plan to have two photo albums, one with the wedding pictures, and another capturing moments of the ladies sangeet and jaago night where Aamir made an appearance.

[url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sRvApu_NDvs&feature=related"]Those who are not familiar with Jaago, here is Jago, Bhangra in the streets of London, UK[/url]
Has anyone been following the moron Sharukh's love for Pakis?

Something about how he would have picked Paki players for IPL team if he had the chance.

http://www.blogs.ivarta.com/Open-letter-...og-348.htm

What a wanker but his fans are even bigger scum.
Party’s replacement for Amar Singh as general secretary cum spokesperson, Mohan Singh, was categorical on Jaya’s relations with the party. Replying to a media query in Groakhpur on Friday evening, Mohan Singh said that Jaya’s present stint as SP MP will last barely three more months. “What I can make out is that for a fresh stint in RS as MP, Bachchans were likely to use their proximity with Narendra Modi to get a ticket from the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP).

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/india...541366.cms
Quote:Plot

The film begins with the child, Rizwan Khan (Tanay Chheda), a Muslim who has Asperger syndrome, growing up with his mother (Zarina Wahab) in the Borivali section of Mumbai.[8][9] Later as an adult (Shahrukh Khan), Rizwan moves to San Francisco and lives with his brother and sister-in-law. While there, he falls in love with Mandira (Kajol). They eventually marry and begin a business.

After the events of 9/11, Rizwan and Mandira begin to face a number of difficulties. Following a tragedy, they separate. In order to win her back, Rizwan embarks on a long journey across the United States.[6]

In another early interview, he also stated that, "it’s not about a disabled man’s fight against disability. It’s a disabled man’s fight against the disability that exists in the world — terrorism, hatred, fighting ... My Name is Khan is also about Islam and the way the world looks at Islam but we are not taking any sides. We are only trying to say that there are only good people and bad people. There are no good Hindus, bad Hindus, good Christians, bad Christians. Either you are a good person or a bad person. Religion is not the criterion, humanity is."[9]

In late 2008, journalist Madhureeta Mukherjee (referring to the post - 2008 Mumbai attacks atmosphere in India) suggested in an interview with Karan Johar that, "My Name Is Khan starts at a time when Hindus and Muslims in India have united like never before." In response, Johar stated: "I think it’s an exceptionally relevant time, as the unity of our nation is of paramount importance, and I am very happy to witness such a movement in front of my eyes. We are all coming together to fight for a common cause – called humanity. Everyone knows that terrorism has no religion and it will never have a religion. As a filmmaker, I believe that I have a social responsibility and I promise to fulfill that."[12]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/My_Name_Is_Khan

Ya typical the good Mussalman & a Hindu slag falling in "love" bla bla bla.
"Moderate" Muslim Amir Khan:

Quote:Did you face any religious dilemma while you were married to a Hindu lady Reena Dutta and later on to Kiran Rao?

No, none whatsoever. We never practiced each other's religion neither did we force each other to do so. But, of course, I had made it very clear that my kids will always follow only Islamic religion.

http://www.santabanta.com/cinema.asp?pid=39457
There is, however, a lesson in his rank stupidity for others in the profession: Actors, directors, screenplay writers, singers, musicians and everybody else involved with the entertainment industry should try and avoid making political comments unless they are sure of what they are saying. This is not about dissenting views or ideological affiliations, but about the national interest which cannot be above an individual’s craving for cheap publicity by making outrageous comments. This is not the first time that we are facing such a situation. In the past too Bollywood actors and directors have tried to grab the media’s attention by making what they consider to be ‘profound’ political statements but are in reality bogus and pretentious expressions of intellectually-challenged minds. One can be an excellent actor or a great director, but that does not make him or her a natural contender for political platforms. Let Salman Khan and his ilk mind their own business. http://www.dailypioneer.com/282892/Why-i...iling.html
[quote name='Bharatvarsh2' date='25 August 2010 - 04:22 AM' timestamp='1282689899' post='108051']

"Moderate" Muslim Amir Khan:

Quote:Did you face any religious dilemma while you were married to a Hindu lady Reena Dutta and later on to Kiran Rao?

No, none whatsoever. We never practiced each other's religion neither did we force each other to do so. But, of course, I had made it very clear that my kids will always follow only Islamic religion.

http://www.santabanta.com/cinema.asp?pid=39457

[/quote]Aamir Khan = other (Indian) islamaniac males.

And exactly the same as every Indian christomaniac female (male): all the kids get baptised. <- But for some reason that last goes over the heads of the secular 'Hindu' (wo)men who marry them (though from what I can tell, it seems more common for 'Hindu' men to marry christowomen - mainly because the church has explicitly planned it that way: Stupid Pagan Men - Partie Deux).

Either way, they don't see that the only reason the christoislamaniac spouse allows their 'religious freedom', if at all they allow that much, is because it is at the expense of the religious freedom (or, rather, freedom to be Hindu) of the entire next generation - i.e. their brood. These alleged 'Hindus' essentially sold their kids away upon marriage, and then - mystifyingly - count themselves lucky in doing so: "Look how my christoislamaniac spouse let's me be a Hindu, so you see there is no religious bigotry in our inter-religious marriage (minus the fact that all our kids have to be islamic/christist). We're all very secular."

Secular, yes. Because Hindus never marry christoislamaniacs. By definition. De-Hinduised kaffirs are a danger to themselves and everyone. Hindu society ought to ostracise these people. They made their choice, let them live and die with it.

Anyway, wasn't there was some IF member who once complained on IF's "recent updates" list about why there were suddenly all these foreign people hired for bollywood movies, and that foreign movies would in return only cast Indjuns in SlumMovies?

A recent very pleasant TV program reminded of something sort of related.

Why complain about foreigners in bollywood - 'full-blooded' foreigners, presumably - when a lot of Indian cinema is half so already?

Off the top of my head, from various sources:

- 1/2 Scottish, extreme Catholic christist Lara Dutta

- 1/2 Italian, 1/4 Portuguese, 1/4 Indian Catholic christist Dino Morea

- 1/2 british Katrina Kaif slow turn to islam-sympathiser (Her dad's 'Kashmiri' muslim - which means he can be anything ethnically. Anyway, one needs religion to obtain a national identity for this foreign person, since India works with religious/ideological identities and Indians are most comfortable with people having clear religious identities. Same reasoning for Diya Mirza getting an 'Indian' surname.)

- 1/2 German non-religious ("should I be Hindu like my mum, christian like my dad or muslim like my current stepfather") Diya 'Mirza' Handrich

- 1/2 Iranian, 1/2 Syrian Catholic christist John Abraham (claims a Parsee woman married his dad - blunder).

- 1/2 German Parvathi Melton (or something) - she moved to India to do bollywood movies. No idea as to religious affiliation, but am not guessing.

- 1/2 Polish Catholic (or other type christist) Lisa Ray

- there were a few more that had come to me, but I've forgotten already while typing the above. But blablabla. Need I go on?

(Notice also the pattern in religion. If there's a single 'Hindu' parent in the mix, the offspring is still never Hindu. Then again, the same results when a traditional Hindu accidentally gets married to a cultural-only Hindu. A type of unacceptable accident that unfortunately seems to be on the rise for some inconceivable reason.)

If the people chosen to hog the screen were good looking, that would at least be something. But bollywho can't even manage that. They keep getting uglier characters with every new addition. So there's the destitute man's Natalie Portman wannabe-lookalike in Lara Dutta, "her face is sooo long when will I see the end of it" Katrina Kaif, "why are my eyebrows so far apart, maybe I should pencil a few more in between" John Abraham, etc. (<- Sorry, all that was almost cruel. But then, they're the ones shoving their bland faces on TV: so I can fairly critique when I accidentally catch eyesores, can't I?) But then, to be fair, are there *any* goodlooking actors in bollywho? Where do they dig these people up.

Anyway, so yeah, why do people complain about 'foreigners', when Indian film-making with plain-model-turned-talentless actors (practically everyone in the above list) is in love with half-foreign already. Why not go the whole hog. Apparently it finds actual Indians too ugly, even if representative, and obviously it figures any indigenous audience is supposedly unable to bear watching Indians. (Or this large influx of semi-alien is calculated social engineering. Don't know/don't care.) And so, IMO, they should at the minimum get some actually *attractive* half-foreign people for a change, or better yet: go full foreign. (Last I heard, Jessica Alba wanted to "do" Bollywood. At least she cares about the environment. Or something. So, there you go, bollywho scored 1 volunteer.) Bring in the foreign contingent, say I. At last Indians can get some *good* looking people on the islam-usurped Indian silver screen and christomedia (the last is most famous for its really bad English with their invented=unnatural accents).

Not that anyone with a choice or else taste was watching: lame plots, bad acting with uglier actors, bad music, below zero taste and mental subversions all make bollywho even worse than the junk America keeps spinning out (if one can imagine that). But at least America on occasion makes good sci-fi. I take it back then: foreign actors should remain on foreign soil where there's a *chance* for proper acting opportunities. Bollywho is *the* lamest screen production factory. Evah. Bar none.

There was a time when Indian cinema was actually decent to excellent. But all things actually Hindu has been booted out of visible Indian visual media-production and only seculars and religious/ideological terrorisms are making movies now, even daring to occasionally encroach on 'Hindu' themes (only to subvert them - such as the various perversions of "Ramayana" and other epics etc. being produced by christist channels in India. The seculars likewise invariably manage to turn Hindu goldmines into junk metal when they turn their vapidness on it. <- The level of junk in the metal is proportional to the degree of de-Hinduisation of the secular 'Hindu'. See various garbage productions called "Ramayana" and "Mahabharata" and their spin-offs today, including those marketed for kids. People actually like this? *Hindus* actually like this? Have they sold all taste? Did they have any taste? Do I need an answer.)

Here comes my brilliant scheme (I'm not saying it is feasible, but brilliant it IS):

Indian screens/TV ought to steal the Number One Treasure Of England (David Attenborough, is there any other). For the duration of India keeping him, we can waive the accruing interest on the Hindu jewels stolen by christoBritain. It's a fair deal. Anyway, he loves nature, sincerely and appreciatively smiles at animals, says sensible things, imparts exciting, useful and interesting information [facts!], naturally opted for the superior atheism that resulted upon dumping unnatural christianism, isn't uppity about heathens and their heathenism=Gods. He appreciates life. What's not to like. He will light up our screens! (We may get momentarily blinded by his natural dazzling, only 'cause we weren't used to such good programming.) Plus his stuff is wholesome goodness. He can replace all of bollywho and Indian christomews channels - they are all garbage anyway - and no one would look back twice after the initial surprise. His lovely narration can be subtitled into Bharatiya languages for broadcast and help more people become perfectly literate in their pristine language, all while they learn about our wondrous natural world.

One Stolen Jewel *Can* Give Joy To A Billion. (<- Okay, I was never good at making up tag lines.)

More realistically, Indian channels with any Hindus influencing their content can broadcast re-runs of Attenborough's many doco series on the natural world.

And then I won't have to complain about the bleh faces, the baaad hyper-insipid 'progressive' (regressive) 'Indian' christoislamicommunisecular programming and the strained efforts at various *concocted* unIndian accents in attempted "English" flashing across channel-zapped Indian TV, but will actively tune in to watch.
Quote:IRAQ NOTEBOOK: Witches, Bollywood at grad party

http://www.westport-news.com/living/arti...392931.php

Associated Press ^ | Tuesday, May 24, 2011 |

IRAQ NOTEBOOK: Witches, Bollywood at grad party REBECCA SANTANA, Associated Press Updated 09:01 a.m., Tuesday, May 24, 2011

BAGHDAD (AP) - Harry Potter-inspired witches in flowing black satin gowns and pointed hats shimmied onstage as young warlocks in black-and-red capes looked on. Nearby, Indian-themed music blared from a boom box at a Baghdad version of a Bollywood movie set.

Fun and frivolity aren't the first things that come to mind when someone mentions Baghdad. But this is college graduation season and time for a tradition that has survived the upheaval of war, kidnappings and bombs: masquerade parties.

Students here like to party just like young people anywhere who've spent the last four or five years with their noses buried in a book.

And they like a good masquerade.

"We based our costumes on the movies we see. We started thinking of our outfits at the beginning of the year," said 23-year-old Shahad Rafaie, dressed as a witch with glitter sprinkled across her face and a black headscarf covering her hair and neck.

"We are exhausted after studying for five years!"

The overthrow of Saddam Hussein unleashed an outpouring of religious extremism from both Sunnis and Shiites that often left Iraqis wondering what was acceptable conduct and fearful of outward displays of celebration.

Liquor stores and restaurants serving alcohol were bombed. Women feared going out in the street without a headscarf if they went out at all. Plays, musicals and art exhibits were almost nonexistent.

But through it all Iraqi university students held onto one of the educational system's lesser known traditions: the end-of-the-year costume bash. Like the class photo, prom and final exams, the parties have become a Baghdad tradition over the past 10 years.

At a celebration Saturday at Baghdad University's College of Pharmacy, the party resembled a Baghdad-based Bollywood movie set, with female students dressed in brightly colored Indian-themed saris with gold embroidery and bangles on their wrists.

Nearby young men in burgundy-colored Sherwani jackets, yellow satin trousers and red turbans on their heads shimmied to the sound of Indian music with lyrics in Arabic

Across the lawn, a coven of Harry Potter-inspired witches celebrated in matching costumes - the women in black satin dresses with collars and sleeves trimmed in red, pointy black hats and wooden canes substituting for broomsticks. The men wore black-and-red capes over red satin vests as fellow students danced and took photos.

Layla Tariq Mohammed said the graduates hired a tailor weeks ago to make the costumes.

One young man said they had tossed around the idea of dressing up as Mexican cowboys complete with sombreros and ponchos, or as U.S. Navy sailors, but the girls didn't go for the knee-length skirts.

There was not a drop of alcohol in sight, and instead of taking place under cover of darkness where furtive kisses or hand-holding might go unnoticed, the party was held at midmorning and on university grounds. Many family members sat on the sides watching.

"It's a very beautiful thing. It is fun. They want to express their joy," said Wafaq Jawad, 56, who came to watch her niece.

Still, it was surprisingly liberal: Many women did not wear the headscarves often worn by religious conservatives on Baghdad's streets and many of the students danced.

The parties aren't so popular with the administration, however. One student said the college dean banned their band from coming on campus and it took a series of negotiations before he permitted them to bring in a boom box.

"I don't think all the colleges like it, but they also can't do anything about it," said Haydar Ajib, a 25-year-old graduate.

The dean, who was at the party and mingled with the students, said a band wasn't appropriate for a university setting and he had offered to help the students find a club to hold their party if they insisted on a band.

Dr. Alaa A. Abdulrasool alluded to the social and religious norms the school must navigate when deciding what is appropriate and what is not. The students can celebrate and dress up but they must also be aware of the society in which they live, and the fact that it might not be as liberal as they are, he said.

He also pointed out that students from all over Iraq study at the college, including many who are more conservative than those dancing to the Bollywood tunes and it was important to make sure all felt included in the celebrations.

"In the last few years, they thought that freedom meant they could do anything they wanted," he said.
Good that this thread has Propaganda in the title.

This islamoronic comment at VV's Kashmir Spring shines on Accession Day is so hilarious, you'll want to puke too:

Quote: To the last commentator, the reclaimed liberated land we call Pakistan today were the reverts and from South Asian stock but we the vast majority, Kashmiris, Baloch, Pakthun, Sindhi and Punjabi are the inheritors of IVC and we denounced Hinduism as an alien foreign primitive concept . We found liberation and soul revival in Islam and it is and will forever be our cherished religion. The IVC were not Hindu, neither did they ride horses like your Mahabharata stories, they ate beef not like your Dhal Hors, they were ethnically different to the Dravids primitive pygmies that ran around semi clad in the primitive backwater jungles along the Ganges. The IVC never spoke Sanskrit let alone wrote it, they wrote via pictogrqms like the other great civilisations of that era, mesopotamia and The Nile civilisation. I know it is hard for you to grasp but we are completely different to you, we find your language, your culture, religion and history not pleasing and we are a different ethnicity, geography and history to you. Just because you have the sons of Abdali, Ghauri, Nadir Shah, Zaman Shah and Aurangzaib as your bollywood heart throbs it does not mean you and I are the same. Look around you, most Indians do not look like the Khans or the Kapoors who hail from the land of beauty and beautiful people -Pekhawar. The Indian girls at my University were struck by how different we Pakistanis boys looked to Indian boys and realised we truly are different ethnicities and yes we were the more attractive because we look like the very people you Indians place on pedestol in Bollywood.

observer

28 Oct 2011

The subcontinent's islamics' self-conceit about their entirely unimpressive appearance (<- look, how I said that without being mean!) is endless.

Quote:the very people you Indians place on pedestol in Bollywood.
Muslims are so self-deluded.

1. They pretend kafirs placed them centre-stage on the silver-screen, when it's the islamic mafia underworld in India that did so (funded by Pakistan - I assume Pakistanis want to see their islamic likenesses on the screen. Not anyone with taste). They always make sure that Hindu (and now also christian actresses) are coupled with islamic males. See quoteblock further below.

2. Yet the well-deserved insecurity of islamic males is all too obvious: Indian *islamic* males were booing at movies like "Bride and Prejudice" and other such films partnering Hindu actresses with western males. The Islamic male commenters (IIRC on Amazon, Imdb, etc) were hyperventilating in indignant frustration that "This was WRONG! Aishwarya/etc shouldn't do such a thing! Because then Indian [read: Hindu] women will not be interested in Indian [read: islamic] men anymore!" <- Note that the fear was always expressed by muslim males about movies with Hindu actresses.

Yes, western men *are* - obviously - better looking than islamaniac males.

But what is this spiel about "Indian women choosing to marry Indian men", as if it was all some syncretic religion/lifestyle in India. Dharmic wo/men only marry their own Dharmic kind, not christo-islamaniacs. (Though Dharmics if overseas also date/marry heathens of the SE/E Asian variety; some date/marry western or E Asian agnostics. Let's guess that may be owing to a paucity of their own kinds.)

But islamaniac males only ever had any chance with secular females in India. Yet such females are the very ones who will choose western men over the ugly islamaniac males (and who can blame them) once that image gains in popularity - which is unstoppable in a progessive India by definition aping the west.* It's because secular females are allergic to all things Hindu and Hindu men tend to be invisible to them. But when there's far better fish in the ocean than islamania - betterlooking, better behaved, more secular - why would such females settle for islamaniacs anymore?

[* The exception is Diya Mirza whose German dad divorced her Indian mother which would explain why she said she preferred Indian men to foreign ones.]

Anyway, the orchestrated unequal representation in Indian cinema, not just bollywho (though the following doesn't notice the christian element in southern cinema):

http://bharatabharati.wordpress.com

Quote:Bollywood and the Southern film industry examples are often quoted by these Love Jihadis to impress upon the non-Muslim girls. The film stars are the role models of many of India’s young, especially girls. Many of them foolishly enter the make-believe romantic world, in a way copying their dream stars. A short and random assessment of the level of cross marriages in filmdom will explain the surrogate support they extend to this activity.

The current list of Bollywood stars are all dominated by Muslims. Every Khan in the industry is being exploited, unknowingly of course, [color="#800080"](not really)[/color] in this game of Love Jihad. Saif Ali Khan married Amrita Singh and after two children has divorced her and is now casting his spell upon Kareena Kapoor. Aamir Khan married his childhood sweetheart Reena Dutta in 1986 and abandoned her and his two children and married Kiran Rao in 2005. Shahrukh Khan is married to Gauri Chibber, a Hindu, Sohail Khan is married to Seema Sachdev, Arbaaz Khan married actress Malaika Arora, Fardeen Khan is married to Natasha Madhwani, Emran Hashmi is married to Parveen Shahani. The current heart-throb of Bollywood Salman Khan has his run of the non-Muslim heroines, picking and choosing one after the other. He even had a torrid affair with Aishwarya Rai .

Interestingly enough, only two Muslim actresses figure in present-day Bollywood, Katrina Kaif and Soha Ali Khan (both are of mixed blood). The days of Mumtaz, Saira Banu, Wahida Rehman, Nargis, Jeenat Aman, Parveen Babi are over. “D” Company, which has big stakes in the Indian film industry has religiously restricted the entrance of Muslim girls to Bollywood. It has ensured that the casting couch has Hindu actresses for free run for the Khans, Muslim financers, producers, directors and actors.

I think the 3 obvious muslims actresses in Hindi cinema - that I've heard of - would be Tabu and her aunt/relation Shabana (the famous anti-Hindu), and Soha Ali Khan.

The half-Brit Kaif may do a "cultural" muslim look at times to have an Indian appearance, but I suspect she can't be counted among the muslimahs.

Seems wacky agrees:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Katrina_Kaif

Quote:Being a British citizen, she works in India on an employment visa.[1]

[...]

Kaif was born to an Indian Kashmiri father,[9][10][11][12] Mohammed Kaif, and an English mother, Susanna Turcotte,[13] both of whom are British citizens. Her parents divorced when she was very young. Kaif once stated, "My dad, unfortunately, and not out of choice, has had no influence on our upbringing, on our religious or social or moral bearings."[14]

Oh this next - thrown up among the same search results - is funny. Pakis are worried that all the Khans in bollywho have gone kufr. Even accusing them of letting their sisters marry into Hinduism (and which one is that?) And then tying this back into lack of pure Pathan blood or something... (Does the word Pathan bear any relation to Parthian?)

http://www.paklinks.com/gs/world-enterta...-khan.html

Quote:To answer your question completely:

1) None of the Khans are practising muslims: Aamir Khan had been living with his 2nd wife Kiran Roy for 2 years but when a reporter for Urdu daily enquired how can a muslim do that and will Kiran Roy convert to Islam.. at that Aamir Khan got angry.. [color="#800080"](Except IF members posted how his declared aim was to make all his kids muslim, so that he could pretend to his kafir wives that he was secularly accepting of their unconverted status. Stealth Jihad)[/color] All Khans (Saif Included) are non-practising muslims.. all celebrate diwali, holi, do pujas but sometimes "forget" Eid due to "work".

2) None of the Khans are 100% Pathans.

3) None of the Khans are taller than 5'6- If they stand together they'll look like balding buddha school kids.

4) All Khans drink, eat pork.. have their sisters married to Hindus and converted to Hinduism

Add to it Feroze Khan who insulted Pakistan and Islam on his recent visit to Lahore..

Shame on these Khans <smiley>

I have seen Pakis - an innumerable gaggle of them congregate at the local university (studying Arabic? Although it's barely recognisable when they speak it). But wow, are they ugly. They make the Khans of bollywho look almost passable. And people may think I am being mean, but I'm being kind when I say *Ugly*.

And to think they haven't even grown their hideous islamic beards yet (probably they're saving that for after a love jihad harvest), but are pretending to look fashionable (or something; but I swear, whatever it is they're wearing was NEVER in fashion) <- you can imagine how hopeless.

Dharmics back home should be thankful that they're surrounded by a variety of good-looking and rather beautiful people.
Someone needs to mention the way character deaths are portrayed in Bollywood movies.

Whenever someone dies, his relatives (usually female) have a hysterical outburst of emotion.

This kind of attitude is going to make people very averse to taking risks.

How are our soldiers going to do their jobs if they're worried about upsetting their parents?
I will give certain examples of our sick bollywood.

1. Sarfrosh: Anna, a Hindu is shown to massacre people. Kingpin of gun runners is mirchi seth, again a Hindu. In comparision muslim characters are friendly, like Salim.

2. Khaki: Devgan plays a Hindu, what else... a terorist. He is bent upon killing a whistle blower who is.. what else but a muslim doctor? All others involved in crimes are Hindus ONLEEE.

3. A general example: What is image of a pandit projected? An object of ridicule. Ever seen a pandit in good lights? And an immam is imam SAHIB!! Very honest, very secular, very humanisat. Or a xian padri. Always called a FATHER. A nun is always a mother!! They too are so secular, so human, so patriotic ones that Hindus in contrast are the most despicable creatures. As if thec shahi imams are washed in roses. As if xian priests/bishops never indulged in pedophilia. As if all the nuns are kanya kumaris.

4. My Name is KHan got packed houses. Sickular to play a muslim victim.

Will anyone produce My Name is Kaul? Never, it will be run down to death