• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The tactics used by America to destroy (East) Asian society
Post 8/?

Two comments revealed general matters unknown to me:

9. China's Out-Adoption Policy

From the primary link again

bigwowo.com/2010/05/asian-women-and-the-invisible-chain/

Quote:@ my brothers,

like jaewhan said, it’s okay to be angry. no one will deny you what you feel. We ARE angry because you’re right—most often, when you see the AF/WM couple out on the street, it’s a huge slap in the face to us. Especially when there is no counter balance for it. And the big kick in the nuts is that the media reinforces it over and over. From movies to TV commercials….implicit in that is, “hey, AF/WM is okay, it’s the norm!”

Where is the AM presence? It doesn’t exist. We are the new invisible men. We don’t matter and to some degree, you might very well be right about the social Darwinism aspect. [color="#FF0000"]One thing that pisses me off about China is their adoption policies. They let white people adopt all their female babies….and guess what? The cycle begins all over. A generation of AF’s, with no clear connection to their heritage, being raised by white couples, who will grow up to marry WM’s. Where are the AM’s in their lives? Where is our presence? And China is creating an alienated class of AM’s in their own country with no one to marry.[/color]

This should bother all of us because at some point, there isn’t going to BE any Asian American community or culture. And this is where I differ. If we all date/marry out, just which culture is absorbing whom in the US? Or Canada?

10. Curiosity: Korea appears to have been 'Miraculously' (i.e. with calculation) swamped with the plague of christianism just at that point when it had started becoming a prosperous nation

This again is from the second link

bigwowo.com/2010/05/sister-can-you-lend-an-ear-by-julia-oh/

Quote:Pozhal says:

July 16, 2013 at 6:19 am

Raguel,

You have to realize that just in the 1950s, Korea was one of the poorest countries in the world. This isn’t ancient history; that’s the decade when my parents were born, and I’m still a young man who isn’t yet of marrying age! Even in the 1970s, North Korea had a higher standard of living than South Korea. Right through the 1980s, South Korea was still a Third World military dictatorship whose economy relied on cheap exports and cheap labour.

Just because Koreans carry around Galaxy S4s and drive BMWs doesn’t mean that we’ve been able to exorcise all of our colonial mentality or develop a strong sense of cultural identity.

I think the 2002 World Cup was so important to Koreans because it was the first time in modern history that Koreans were able to go toe-to-toe against Europeans and emerge as victors. That wasn’t even a decade ago.

Korean hasn’t been wealthy for a very long time, and it certainly hasn’t been culturally confident for any significant time either. We’re still in an adolescent stage of development.

Compare the era being discussed above with how christianism decided to descend on S Korea - see below - just then when it stood poised for prosperity:

- buddhapia.com/eng/tedesco/pic1/list.html

- buddhapia.com/eng/tedesco/2.html

- buddhapia.com/eng/tedesco/3.html

Messages In This Thread
The tactics used by America to destroy (East) Asian society - by Husky - 09-07-2013, 05:27 PM