• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sports, Games, Yoga & So On & So Forth!
<!--QuoteBegin-Pandyan+Mar 17 2008, 04:40 PM-->QUOTE(Pandyan @ Mar 17 2008, 04:40 PM)<!--QuoteEBegin-->Husky, with regards to Association Football, it's actually quite opposite of what you described. The sport is now plagued with issue of players diving and faking injuries to draw fouls/penalties. I mean, there is no real aggression involved. This was witnessed in the last World Cup's final match that featured France and Italy. It was the worst game of soccer I have ever seen.[right][snapback]79720[/snapback][/right]<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->It's been over a decade since I followed the world cup. But I heard about that France-Italy fiasco. Hard to miss it, in fact.

<!--QuoteBegin-->QUOTE<!--QuoteEBegin-->Rugby which I find more exciting to watch and play than any sport I've known so far.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->That is brilliant. Just convince more of your family and friends to join you - cousins, people you hang out with. Letting your enthusiasm rub off on them is one way to make a change.

<!--QuoteBegin-->QUOTE<!--QuoteEBegin-->I still prefer it to the "sport" I've come to despise aka cricket.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd--> The only sports I despise are hunting (including fox-hunting - another christo British 'sport') and Bull-fighting. Yeah, it shows how one is a real sportsman when people on horseback all chase down a defenseless fox, using dogs to track it. Meanwhile, the bull is never allowed to survive at the end anyway, even if it made it past the matador goading it into attacking him and then punishing it for taking the bait/for trying to get its own back. (Both these sports say something revealing about the christo psyche.)

At least cricket gets Indian kids to run around and toss the ball, fall down and get muddy. If they're smiling, it can't be too bad. But I do wish they'd vary their interests more. If they try playing other sports, they will get at least as much entertainment. Tennis is something one can play with a sibling or three others. And Volleyball and Basketball can get the whole neighbourhood going with just a single ball. Fun is guaranteed.

<!--QuoteBegin-->QUOTE<!--QuoteEBegin-->a grant total of 30 minutes for PT (Physical Training - sports etc) <i>weekly</i>.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->For a measly 30 minutes weekly, they might as well cancel the show altogether! What is that? Do teachers not get paid when kids are having fun or something?

<!--QuoteBegin-->QUOTE<!--QuoteEBegin-->Even among NRI's there is no active encouragement on the part of parents to make their kids pursue sports.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->NRIs might have brought over more of that "self-denial is the route to success" delusion. So kids lose out on sports. This is just unacceptable and has to be changed.
But I can't say that I've experienced such cases myself. Even after high school I know quite a few active Hindus hereabouts - rowing, cycling, several play tennis. And two girls - a Jaina and a Hindu from Karnataka - are very good at martial arts. Another is into running marathons.

<!--QuoteBegin-->QUOTE<!--QuoteEBegin-->Personally, I would like to see a massive resurgence of traditional games and activities like mallakhamb, kabbadi, Hindu wrestling, and the use of our traditional weights for bodybuilding.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->Sounds very good indeed. Indian population's mindset has to change again. The christo-brits had a disastrously profound impact on India, from their banning of Kalari and BharataNatyam dancing, to their enforcing their weird christo-Victorian sanctimoniousness on Hindus.

<!--QuoteBegin-->QUOTE<!--QuoteEBegin-->Success in Olympic events<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->Success in international sports events, certainly. But am not an especial fan of Olympics any more, only because the Hellenic Greeks at YSEE say they find it offensive that their religious celebration is misused by "the monotheists".
http://www.ysee.gr/index-eng.php?type=en...ovestories
<!--QuoteBegin-->QUOTE<!--QuoteEBegin-->393
The Pythian, Aktia and Olympic Games are outlawed as part of the Hellenic "idolatry". Christians sack the Temples of Olympia.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd--> http://www.ysee.gr/index-eng.php?type=english&f=faq#33
<!--QuoteBegin-->QUOTE<!--QuoteEBegin--><b>What is your view of the modern Olympic Games?</b>
We are opposed to such games, because they are falsely named and have no relationship with the authentic and living spirit of our ancestors, the true Hellenes. They are also quite a world apart from the initial romanticism that justified their creation and revival by non-Greeks, about a century ago. The majority of them were monotheists, ignorant of the real essence of the Games (i.e., their religious nature). Today they are a vulgar commercialization that profoundly insults the symbols and beliefs of our ancestors, who honored with their theology the Sublime, the True and the Beautiful.
Even the name of our religion (Olympic, Olympian) has been turned into a trademark and the local representatives of this blasphemy have made pathetic caricatures of our Gods, Apollo and Athena.

The real Olympic Games, as the pre-eminent symbol-institution of our inherited Cosmotheasis, were abolished by the Byzantine invaders 16 centuries ago. If they are ever re-established, it will be in all their grandeur along with the revival of the culturally enslaved, for 22 centuries, Hellenic Ethnos. All other 'resurrections' have been, are and will be comical or profane.<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->(Imagine if the christos got the Kumbha Mela banned and then centuries later 'resurrected' it as a commercial woodstock type event where everyone all over the world came over to do things unrelated to the actual Kumbha Mela and totally ignored that the original had anything to do with Hinduism?)
Predictably, the other monotheists - the communists of China - are hosting it this year. Apparently they still have time for all this in between massacring the Tibetan Buddhists and laying claims on Arunachal Pradesh. With any luck, the international turnout for the impending faux-olympics will be negligible and the TV ratings outside China a blip.

Messages In This Thread
Sports, Games, Yoga &amp; So On &amp; So Forth! - by Guest - 03-14-2008, 04:38 PM
Sports, Games, Yoga &amp; So On &amp; So Forth! - by Guest - 03-14-2008, 10:21 PM
Sports, Games, Yoga &amp; So On &amp; So Forth! - by Guest - 03-14-2008, 10:49 PM
Sports, Games, Yoga &amp; So On &amp; So Forth! - by Husky - 03-17-2008, 06:14 PM
Sports, Games, Yoga &amp; So On &amp; So Forth! - by Guest - 08-03-2012, 09:17 PM