• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Progress Of Indic Languages Vs English - 2
Related to post 121-124 above.

Aatish Taseer covets Samskritam and has a latent hatred of the Hindoo view of Samskritam. Specifically, he wants to secularise Samskritam so that it doesn't particularly belong to Hindoos and Hindoo religion anymore, but belongs equally to non-Hindu Indians, aliens - by oryan right (Taseer subscribes to oryanism) including islamics.

In the following, Rajeev2004 blog member "Pagan" mistakes Aatish Taseer's fawning over Samskritam to be a compliment to Hindoo religion. No, it is a sign of Taseer coveting Samskritam to make it independent of Hindoo religion - which is exactly what Sheldon Pollock is aiming for w.r.t. Samskritam too.

rajeev2004.blogspot.com/2015/01/the-most-exquisite-language-ever-made.html

where one can see "Pagan" praising Taseer's "digestion" - as Malhotra would call it, and it's a phrase/concept well-known to the Rajeev2004 blog - of Samskritam.

For some reason Pagan can't tell that Taseer is dead set against any ongoing association (actually inseparable-ness) of Samskritam with Hindu religion. Pagan misinterprets Taseer's covetous remarks regarding Samskritam as a wish to convert to Hindu religion, and Pagan suggests that such a "transformation" in the sikh-islamic-conditioned Taseer should be reproduced all over TSP in the form of a Ghar Wapsi of that country.

Even Malhotra and gang have noticed that all complimenting of Hindoo stuffs by aliens is a part of what Malhotra has dubbed the "digestion" process (=Malhotra's custom re-labelling for the process of appropriation etc that Hindoos have long observed and documented), but that Hindus eagerly and blindly mistake such covetous alien self-interest in acquiring Hindooism piecemeal for their own ends & ideologies as being flattery of Hindoos' Hindooism instead.

Hindus have this romantic notion - totally removed from reality - that mere contact/familiarity with Samskritam will Hinduise unHindus and anti-Hindus. That it's not remotely true is seen in the example of indologists, and in many christians pillaging Skt too. The fact is, all Skt does to unHindus and anti-Hindus is arm them better against Hindu religion.

Taseer is a half-Sikh half-muslim. Neither half has any claim on Samskritam. (NO, let's be clear: Samskritam does not belong "equally" to Buddhism and Jainism let alone Sikhism as it does to Hindu=Vedic religion. In fact, it does not belong at all to Buddhism/Jainism/Sikhism, the first 2 of which only ever lambasted it and then inculturated on it when they coveted it. Christianism is following in the footsteps of Buddhism/Jainism regarding Samskritam, btw.)

Earlier (see posts 121-124 above), Taseer had even tried to secularise Kalidasa's "literature" into something he had an equal right to (and to pontificate and opinionate on), also because of his covetousness regarding Kalidasa. But just like Samskritam is exclusively Hindoo and no amount of secularising it or christianising it will change that, Kalidasa is an unapologetic Hindoo and so are his works. All of his materials are Hindoo *religious* works. And - and perhaps this is my point - some mere brush with Samskritam, as Taseer has had, is not going to make people understand the "literature" written in Samskritam. Consider the aliens/indologicals, who've "learnt" Samskritam but Do Not Understand the Vedas or sacred literature*. Further, teaching Samskritam to enemies has already - and will only ever - arm them against Hindoo religion.

INSERT: E.g. christo "sanskrit scholar" - professor at "nirmala college" catholic centre - penned jeebus sahasranamas and stotras, recently unleashed Yet Again on India's sheeples, with the hopes that this time it will catch on at last (while a catholic nun who learnt yoga at a Hindoo institution has now opened a christo yoga centre to teach what she had learnt as "jeebus yoga" now, complete with suryanamaskaras to jeebus instead of Surya).

Remember that phrase by emperor Julian** about how christos abused the learning of Hellenistic religious materials only to use it against Hellenismos and that therefore they should be kept away from it while they were not heathen in their attention? For the same reasons (and more), Hindoos really ought not to let non-Hindoos anywhere near Samskritam. Of course, Hindus pursue the opposite course: ready to teach any and all - including christoislamics, and allowing and encouraging those aiming to secularise Samskritam into the next universalism to go ahead and secularise it. Hence Taseer and Pollock.

** Emperor Julian's statements reposted from here:

Quote:'If your own Scriptures are sufficient for you, why do you nibble at the learning of the Greeks?' (229c). The comment hints at the writer's outrage at the uses to which Christians have put the cultural heritage of the Greeks - an outrage plain in remarks that Julian makes elsewhere. Two of his unplaced fragments set out the issue succinctly:

[Let us ensure] that they [the Christians] may not, by sharpening their tongues, prepare themselves to take on the Greeks in debate ... for as the proverb has it, we are struck by our own arrows. For they arm themselves from our own writings to do battle with us.75

Somewhere had come across Taseer writing about Rajeev Malhotra. Though not a fan myself, mainly because Malhotra is a subversionist in his own right (well, he is) - even if he perhaps doesn't intend to be (?) - but Taseer really, really hates Malhotra (it's a latent hatred) and for what seems to specifically be Malhotra's valid points. Taseer's hatred is probably because he sees in Malhotra's writings on "digestion" a mirror held up to himself, revealing his own interests as predatory and thus denying him access.

* BTW aliens - not counting western heathens, obviously - by and large suck not only at understanding the ancient religious materials written in Greek and Latin, but often even in the Classical languages themselves. I mean, it really does not compute to them/does not come natural to them, as per their own words.

Should one post how terrible many Latin "experts" are at Latin (the easiest of classical languages from a western-European POV)? There are direct quotes on this, e.g. I recall one of the prominent Latin teachers (IIRC a professor with many books that are commentaries to ancient Latin works to her name) admitting that she still can't read Latin naturally. She is but one of a great many, by the way.

And, most intriguingly, as it turns out, it's not just English-speaking Europeans who have this problem with Latin**:

- Very recently, I talked to my sister to find out if it was really that hard for her too. After describing to her the almost-uniformly attested problem that plagues western students (and even experts) of Latin - that they need to scan each sentence, grammatically break it down and then mentally translate it all to work out what it said - I asked my sister if this was her experience too. She said she remembered her (NL) classmates at school complaining about the very same thing - having to grammatically dissect each sentence in their mind to make sense of it before they could actually understand who did what to whom - but she (sister) never had that problem. She said she always thought it was *really* easy to understand Latin (i.e. original unabridged writings of ancient Latin writers).

- Native Spanish and Italian speakers and Hispanic Europeans spending years in tertiary learning Latin all complained about the same thing: they don't read it naturally.

** That it would be a problem for English monolinguists is more obvious. I thought it would be easy-as for Romance language speakers at least. Pronunciation of Latin is a lot like NL (and not like English), so at least that part is down easy for NW mainland Europeans.

Anyway, as hard as Latin was to my sister's classmates - and apparently is to many working in the field of Classics (but I'm sure RSmith is good at it and ancient Greek, as he has a heathen love for these things like my sister does) - they're still nowhere as bad at it as Taseer's pretences at Latin (see posts 121-124 again). I really worry that, considering Taseer's bragging know-it-allness regarding the Latin words he so pathetically and embarrassingly brought up, he might be quite as terrible at Samskritam too...

The point of this post was:

rajeev2004.blogspot.com/2015/01/the-most-exquisite-language-ever-made.html

where one can see "Pagan" praising Taseer's "digestion" - as Malhotra would call it, and it's a phrase/concept well-known to the Rajeev2004 blog - of Samskritam.

Messages In This Thread
Progress Of Indic Languages Vs English - 2 - by Guest - 01-13-2008, 10:54 PM
Progress Of Indic Languages Vs English - 2 - by Guest - 01-17-2008, 12:19 AM
Progress Of Indic Languages Vs English - 2 - by Guest - 01-31-2008, 07:15 AM
Progress Of Indic Languages Vs English - 2 - by Guest - 01-31-2008, 09:32 AM
Progress Of Indic Languages Vs English - 2 - by Guest - 01-31-2008, 09:39 PM
Progress Of Indic Languages Vs English - 2 - by Guest - 01-31-2008, 11:02 PM
Progress Of Indic Languages Vs English - 2 - by Guest - 02-02-2008, 02:56 AM
Progress Of Indic Languages Vs English - 2 - by Guest - 02-02-2008, 08:23 PM
Progress Of Indic Languages Vs English - 2 - by Guest - 02-02-2008, 08:28 PM
Progress Of Indic Languages Vs English - 2 - by Guest - 02-02-2008, 08:34 PM
Progress Of Indic Languages Vs English - 2 - by Guest - 02-09-2008, 09:11 AM