MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
History Of Kanchi Math

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
History Of Kanchi Math
Hauma/ Kaushal,

From what i hear is that the Mutt was originally at Kanchi and was shifted to Kumbakonam during the muslim period before being re-established in Kanchi.

I also have read that initially Kamakshi amman at Kanchi was a Ugra swaroopa and the ambal was made into a Shanti Swaroopa by Adi Shankara. The Peetam was established then by Adi shankara, though it was not one of the four principal peetams that he established. Also I add a disclaimer that these are from what i have read/heard but may not have proof. But anyday i will trust Kanchi paramacharya's word about it than anybody else.

Messages In This Thread
History Of Kanchi Math - by Guest - 11-15-2004, 01:11 AM
History Of Kanchi Math - by G.Subramaniam - 11-15-2004, 05:31 AM
History Of Kanchi Math - by Hauma Hamiddha - 11-15-2004, 12:59 PM
History Of Kanchi Math - by Guest - 11-15-2004, 09:39 PM
History Of Kanchi Math - by Guest - 11-16-2004, 01:02 AM
History Of Kanchi Math - by Guest - 11-16-2004, 01:06 AM
History Of Kanchi Math - by Guest - 11-16-2004, 06:04 AM
History Of Kanchi Math - by G.Subramaniam - 11-16-2004, 09:23 AM
History Of Kanchi Math - by Hauma Hamiddha - 11-16-2004, 12:53 PM
History Of Kanchi Math - by Guest - 11-16-2004, 03:44 PM
History Of Kanchi Math - by Guest - 11-16-2004, 07:13 PM