• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rape crimes in India vs elsewhere: deliberate disproportionate reporting by international news
1. reddit.com/r/TwoXChromosomes/comments/6cxzvv/i_finally_called_a_man_out_on_the_bus_for/

About how groping in the US is ongoing.

And at one point is was the NORM, so that women even carried/used hatpins for this express purpose and eventually the US govt had to ban the hatpins to protect the perps. So don't know why AmriKKKans pretend to be "shocked" at groping on trains or was it buses in Japan, as if it's unheard-of behaviour rather than a daily feature of life in the US (still, apparently):

Quote:[–]NoBolognaTony

My Mom wielded a hat pin in the 1940s and 50s in the NYC subway. Pretty badass now that I think about it.

permalinkparent

[–]jenSCy

This was actually a very common defense against "mashers" as these men were called in the early 1900s. It was so common that Chicago banned hat pins longer than 9 inches.

permalinkparent

[–]pmthebestdayofurlife

There's actually a very interesting historical movement around defensive hat pins and how they were banned. This podcast explains the whole story: http: // thedollop.libsyn.com/213-mashers-and-hatpins

Related: reddit.com/r/TwoXChromosomes/comments/6d78o0/i_stood_up_to_the_kid_at_my_school_who_kept/

2. Harvey Weinstein, some hollywood bigwig - know his name from Miramaxe sorry Miramax (then a Disney subsidiary which dubbed Mononoke Hime into English) - is finally outed as a sexual predator after some 3 decades of his goings-on. Of course, he's a generous donor to feminist causes etc. His tack on getting caught? Pretend he was ignorant about the nature of his crimes (that they were criminal), saying he's getting "therapy" (is that now an out for rapists and murderers too, or only the rich kind?), and aims to deflect from his own crimes by promising to do an expose of the NRA on the heels of the Las Vegas massacre (so timely to detract from the scrutiny on Weinstein) AND will "expose" Trump, of course (presumably for not having been able to go quite as far as Weinstein himself when it came to sexual harrassment?)

But which political side ISN'T composed entirely of hypocrisy in the US? Though the christian rightwingers seem to be beat the vanilla right and left at that.

www.nytimes.com/2017/10/05/us/harvey-weinstein-harassment-allegations.html

Quote:The allegations piled up even as Mr. Weinstein helped define popular culture. He has collected six best-picture Oscars and turned out a number of touchstones, from the films “Sex, Lies, and Videotape,” “Pulp Fiction” and “Good Will Hunting” to the television show “Project Runway.” In public, he presents himself as a liberal lion, a champion of women and a winner of not just artistic but humanitarian awards.

In 2015, the year Ms. O’Connor wrote her memo, his company distributed “The Hunting Ground,” a documentary about campus sexual assault. A longtime Democratic donor, he hosted a fund-raiser for Hillary Clinton in his Manhattan home last year. He employed Malia Obama, the oldest daughter of former President Barack Obama, as an intern this year, and recently helped endow a faculty chair at Rutgers University in Gloria Steinem’s name. During the Sundance Film Festival in January, when Park City, Utah, held its version of nationwide women’s marches, Mr. Weinstein joined the parade.

Ah yes, female feminists are scary in one way and male feminists are scary in another. I never trust either.

Quote:Readers' Picks comments

Socrates is a trusted commenter Verona NJ 1 day ago

The repeated use of hush money, paid gag orders and the serial suppression of facts - although technically 'legal' - by this Lothario and other sexual predators is criminal in nature, allowing the predator to remain anonymous and prepare comfortably for his next unsuspecting victim.

The purchase of silence should be made illegal, so that the public can be made reasonably aware of sexual predators, criminals and sociopaths like the 'charming' Harvey Weinstein.

Reply 980Recommend

Winter Garden 1 day ago

I'm sick. I just read his apology letter. He has the nerve to bring up the NRA as if we would be so stupid as to forget the fact that he sexually harassed women for years because we also care about gun violence. Sir, you are going down.

Reply 576Recommend

KRo Los Angeles, CA 1 day ago

Just read his statement.

Is this guy for real? Quoting Jay-Z, saying he "so respects all women," and now saying he's devoting his time to taking on the NRA? How convenient for this fat slob that this article coincided with a national tragedy.

With feminists like Weinstein, who needs Trump.

Reply 573Recommend

Mika Rekkinen Fairfield, CT 1 day ago

How nice of the NYTimes to print Harvey's letter. It reads like a guy who knows he's done wrong but can't admit it. Then, obliquely, to show what a nice guy he is and that he's being outed in the NYTimes he genuflects by saying he's going after the NRA and will make a movie about Trump. Go home, reflect, and write a new letter, loser.

Reply 250Recommend

Kathy Oxford 1 day ago

Everyone working in Hollywood knew Harvey Weinstein was a letch. But if you're successful you get away with it. I heard about him decades ago. He - and let's be honest, plenty of others - traded power and career for sex but not with all. That's the trick to getting away with it, you pick out the most vulnerable, the ones who have the most to lose. Others you treat well so you always have cover. It still goes on and not just in Hollywood. Success rules. Quiet settlements and life goes on. Thankfully, the rules are changing. And I applaud the women with the courage to step forward, it's not easy since the first defense is they're lying. Lisa Bloom, who should know better, is making excuses for truly awful and sleazy behavior.

Reply 140Recommend

Dukke Los Angeles, CA 1 day ago

Stop trying to make this partisan, Republicans - it's pathetic. This seems to be a generational problem with men who have and abuse power. In the same paper today, you'll notice an article about Republican, family values, anti abortion Congressman Tim Murphy urging a family friend he was having an affair with, to get an abortion. And this wasn't Fox News or Drudge reporting this story - it was the liberal NY Times.

Reply 130Recommend

(That's another recurring pattern. One Christians are exclusively famous for.)

Alex Brooklyn 1 day ago

enforceable confidentiality agreements as a coercive condition of settlements are one of the most despicable features of our legal culture.

no one's silence should have a price.

Reply 121Recommend

Carson Drew River Heights 1 day ago

The NYT just reported on the story extensively, scooping two other liberal media outlets rumored to have stories in the works. Your anticipatory whining about liberal bias is ridiculous.

In Reply to Jeff Kelley Reply 110Recommend

(Interesting, the timing of at least 3 media outlets all wanting to go public with outing Weinstein at the same time, despite everyone apparently knowing that this was going on for 3 decades. Guess it was 1. "time" or 2. the puppeteers thinking it's time to break this news so it can deflect the US public's full awareness off something else, a tack the puppeteers have always done in India. The anti-Hindu/anti-India league in India didn't invent it, they were trained in this by their paymasters, the puppeteers. I.e. higher ups in US/western govts.)

And here follows Weinstein's mindblowingly incomprehensible response, astoundingly reminiscent of that anti-Hindu psecularist of Tehelka, who promised to take 6 months vacation (I mean, "to reflect") after he was caught molesting and raping Indian women. Another amazing coincidence in behaviour is how they all think they have any credibility left to go after political parties and representatives they don't like/don't want in charge (not that I particularly care about Trump, but even Trump must be better than Hillary, and more likely to leave Bharatam alone):

www.nytimes.com/2017/10/05/us/harvey-weinstein-harassment-reaction.html

All these terrorists seem to think they're above the law.

If they really felt bad about it, they ought to kill themselves. And if they don't, a little encouragement (from their victims) to get their suicide done should be quite morally acceptable, I think. I mean, I wouldn't morally oppose it if their suicide was helped along a little by their victims. Who am I to judge?

www.nytimes.com/2017/10/05/us/harvey-weinstein-harassment-allegations.html

Quote: BP Alameda, CA 1 day ago

Look no further for an example of why people want to become rich and powerful - the rules don't apply to you and you can get away with almost anything. Weinstein had a lot of fun over the last few decades (as did Bill Cosby, Donald Trump, and on and on).

"Laws are like cobwebs, which may catch small flies, but let wasps and hornets break through." - Jonathan Swift

Reply 120Recommend

Almost all the hornets and wasps as in the western world, though they've fostered some wannabe native imitators in the 3rd world (like that anti-Hindu Tehelka terrorist).

Other: www.theguardian.com/film/2017/oct/07/harvey-weinstein-sexual-harassment-allegations-hollywood-rumors

Here's an earlier case: actor Ben Affleck's brother Casey Affleck. He was still nominated for some Hollywood award or other even after events surrounding him became well-known, from which one can tell Hollywood is perfectly fine with sexual predators:

- msn.com/en-us/entertainment/movies/casey-affleck%e2%80%99s-dark-secret-the-disturbing-allegations-against-the-oscar-hopeful/ar-AAkGbwz

3. And of course there was news on major paedophile happenings in Hollywood being outed too:

- www.thewrap.com/amy-berg-confirms-documentary-hollywood-sex-abuse-ring-much-bigger-anything-one-case/

- abcnews.go.com/Entertainment/corey-feldman-pedophilia-problem-child-actors-contributed-demise/story?id=14256781

dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2025357/Paedophilia-Hollywoods-biggest-problem-alleges-child-star-Corey-Feldman.html

Of course, unlike feminists whining forever that only women are victims, in their bid to steal the limelight from all other victims, there's no similar movement (surely equally justified?*) to emancipate children from adults (male OR female) that would stand up for/protect little boys and girls from being terrorised, like the poor once-child actors Corey Haim and Corey Feldman and others. [* I mean, if some quarters demand women need emancipation from the rest of the species, then it's as reasonable that children have as much right to demand it. Not that I believe women should be split from men or vice-versa - seems particularly the extreme feminist demand/lesbian feminist wish - nor that children should be split from parents. But just pointing out the double standards/lack of logic in thinking one is self-evident, when by the same "logic", the other should be too for all the same reasons.)

Corey Haim committed suicide because of sexual abuse by Hollywood when he was a child, as per the other Corey, also abused at the time.

And I wonder if that sort of trauma was ultimately behind the suicide of 80s/early 90s child actors like Jonathon Brandis or River Phoenix and some others too. Not to mention the drug addiction etc of many of these and female youngsters. Easier to believe that being a victim of paedophilia could lead to suicide or addiction/downward spirals than always or exclusively fame in such cases.

(Meanwhile, Marilyn Monroe - who said she'd been passed around by the Kennedy-s and others like a piece of meat - is said to be a victim of MK Ultra a la the documented case of the even earlier Candy Jones.

Even Monroe's murder was full of bizarre occurrences, with Kennedy's and her handler I mean doctor suspect. www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2338425/Marilyn-Monroe-death-Confession-inside-diary-Hollywoods-famous-private-detective-Fred-Otash.html

Not that it would be the first time a Kennedy murdered a woman and getting away with it:

www.vanityfair.com/culture/2015/12/end-of-camelot - Ted/Edward Kenney killed Mary Jo Kopechne. And he also attempted the cover-up of his rapist nephew William Kennedy Smith

Again, amazing how laws don't apply to the powerful)

Messages In This Thread
Rape crimes in India vs elsewhere: deliberate disproportionate reporting by international news - by Husky - 10-08-2017, 09:05 PM