• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Real Indian IQ
In California, UCLA is called Uty of Caucasians Lost among Asians, UCI= Uty of Chinese and Indians.

I am familiar with all those schools. What they neglect to tell is Bellarmine is mostly Catholic and other Christians and rest are <10%

Better school is St Francis High School
<!--QuoteBegin-ramana+Jul 4 2008, 07:12 AM-->QUOTE(ramana @ Jul 4 2008, 07:12 AM)<!--QuoteEBegin-->In California, UCLA is called Uty of Caucasians Lost among Asians, UCI= Uty of Chinese and Indians.

I am familiar with all those schools. What they neglect to tell is Bellarmine is mostly Catholic and other Christians and rest are <10%

Better school is St Francis High School
[right][snapback]83799[/snapback][/right]
<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Ramana, I am curious on how Indian NRI kids stack up
in silicon valley vs the chinese in math, verbal and combined

Thanks

G.S
We need to have a massive genetic study of Indian intelligence running hand in hand with estimate of g in Indian populations. This may have extremely useful policy implications. However, secularism like its American counterpart PC will come in the way of any such venture.

Genetic basis of intelligence

<!--QuoteBegin-Hauma Hamiddha+Jul 4 2008, 09:12 AM-->QUOTE(Hauma Hamiddha @ Jul 4 2008, 09:12 AM)<!--QuoteEBegin-->We need to have a massive genetic study of Indian intelligence running hand in hand with estimate of g in Indian populations. This may have extremely useful policy implications. However, secularism like its American counterpart PC will come in the way of any such venture.

Genetic basis of intelligence
[right][snapback]83801[/snapback][/right]

The very fact that we still need quotas at each break point
and IMHO, will need forever,
SC/ST - Peasant ( OBC ) - Merchant ( in Tamil Nadu )
implies at least a 0.5 SD, maybe 1 full SD between each of these
caste super-categories
<!--QuoteBegin-G.Subramaniam+Jun 28 2008, 07:42 AM-->QUOTE(G.Subramaniam @ Jun 28 2008, 07:42 AM)<!--QuoteEBegin-->I attempted  the test and I scored 115

What I found is that this test is entirely visuo-spacial
and fiendishly difficult as compared to Mensa and SAT and GRE
Gsub, did you take the MENSA test?
<!--QuoteBegin-Pandyan+Jul 6 2008, 03:56 AM-->QUOTE(Pandyan @ Jul 6 2008, 03:56 AM)<!--QuoteEBegin--><!--QuoteBegin-G.Subramaniam+Jun 28 2008, 07:42 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(G.Subramaniam @ Jun 28 2008, 07:42 AM)<!--QuoteEBegin-->I attempted  the test and I scored 115

What I found is that this test is entirely visuo-spacial
and fiendishly difficult as compared to Mensa and SAT and GRE
Gsub, did you take the MENSA test?
[right][snapback]83859[/snapback][/right]
<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

When I contacted MENSA in 1982, they asked me to send the copy of my GRE score
The MENSA cut off for Math + verbal in GRE was 1250
That co-related to 130IQ
In my college half the students scored above it
My personal score was 1450 math+verbal
and they admitted me
No I did not take the MENSA test

I have seen MENSA test in magazines like Readers Digest and I was able to pass them

I recently saw that the SD in Japan was 12.5
So I am going to re-calculate Hi-End IQ , India vs China

Both Indian and China at Current nutrition

India = 1100 mil, SD = 15
1% Southern brahmin, 113
4%, Northern brahmin, 108
3% Southern Merchant, 105
12% Northern Merchant, 102
40% Peasant, 88
40% SC/ST/Muslim 75

Above 120IQ = 41.1 mil
Above 130IQ = 11.3 mil
Above 140IQ = 2.3 mil
Above 150IQ = 331K
Above 160IQ = 33K

--

China currently 1300 mil, 100IQ, SD=12.5

Above 120IQ = 71.3mil
Above 130IQ = 10.7mil
Above 140IQ = 893K
Above 150IQ = 41K
Above 160IQ = 1k

However, this does not tell the entire story
Mao, massacred the elites during the cultural revolution and great leap forward, just like cambodia, where the elites got massacred
So there is likely a high end truncation in China
Wanted to post this here earlier. The short-short version. Wished I could insert this in an earlier part so as not to interrupt the ongoing discussion.

<!--QuoteBegin-Bharatvarsh+Jul 3 2008, 01:18 AM-->QUOTE(Bharatvarsh @ Jul 3 2008, 01:18 AM)<!--QuoteEBegin-->Just a few points:

1) The point about IQ tests in US being created to show the "inferiority" of Blacks does not hold up for various reasons, the same tests also show Jews and North East Asians in US as scoring ahead of whites, now the last time I checked neither Jews nor Japanese/Chines/Koreans were acceped as either equals or superior by the KKK types.[right][snapback]83707[/snapback][/right]<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->Bharatavarsha, that is not what I was saying, though the IQ tests do have a very dubious origin and were intended for dubious purposes.

It's natural that different populations won't all have the same average "IQ", just like European nations as a whole are never going to best Ethiopians at stamina-running or several African nations at sprinting. Individual over-achievers there may be in different fields, but there are specific things that different populations tend to be good at.

However, IQ <i>is</i> used as a stick to beat African Americans with. They use a lot of sticks in fact, this is just one. They make it seem like it is the only thing that is most worth attaining and that all other skills are consolation prizes at best. (The nazis were into fitness first and intelligence second. But that's because they liked to present Jews as not so fit in the comparison. But if the christonazis had been picking on Africans instead they would have needed to prove their superiority in something other than physical abilities. Whereas America chose precisely the latter because they <i>were</i> dealing with Africans.)

Worse still, they can't even be trusted to collect data in a reliable manner. And they want people to take them/their data/their conclusions at their word.

One more thing:
It doesn't seem to be the case that IQ (where accurately measured) even measures all areas of human intelligence. And if it tells us very little, it conceals a lot with its silence as well.
<<Then I contacted MENSA in 1982, they asked me to send the copy of my GRE score
That co-related to 130IQ
>>

In our school in the desh they subsidized the Mensa test -- so the whole class took it. The majority in my class was FC. Definitely the total % of all non FC groups was below 10%.
Roughly between 15-20% of the class of ~100 had IQ >=130. There were of course a few high IQ individuals including one who is probably a member of this forum whose IQ was above 160. I do not know if these IQs are on the Stanford-Binet or Wechsler scales. But they correlated well with who had enough GRE scores to get admission into middle or higher US universities.

In the world people with IQ 130 are in the 97.5 %tile range. I suspect a school like ours was enriched for students above a certain IQ due to the entrance exams.
<!--QuoteBegin-Hauma Hamiddha+Jul 6 2008, 10:35 AM-->QUOTE(Hauma Hamiddha @ Jul 6 2008, 10:35 AM)<!--QuoteEBegin--><<Then I contacted MENSA in 1982, they asked me to send the copy of my GRE score
That co-related to 130IQ
>>

In our school in the desh they subsidized the Mensa test -- so the whole class took it. The majority in my class was FC. Definitely the total % of all non FC groups was below 10%.
Roughly between 15-20% of the class of ~100 had IQ >=130. There were of course a few high IQ individuals including one who is probably a member of this forum whose IQ was above 160. I do not know if these IQs are on the Stanford-Binet or Wechsler scales. But they correlated well with who had enough GRE scores to get admission into middle or higher US universities.

In the world people with IQ 130 are in the 97.5 %tile range. I suspect a school like ours was enriched for students above a certain IQ due to the entrance exams.
[right][snapback]83870[/snapback][/right]

15% of the class above Mensa levels implies an Avg IQ of 115 = Ashkenazi levels

So, I do feel my numbers are conservative, given enough nutrition and decent schooling
Indian dominance in National geographic bees
--

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_Geog...ld_Championship

Dates: July 11-14

* First place: United States (Captain Andrew Wojtanik, Overland Park, Kansas; Jesse Weinberg, Coral Gables, Florida; Karan Takhar, North Attleboro, Massachusetts)

--

Dates: August 5-10

* First place: Mexico (Captain Angel Aliseda Alonso, Guadalajara; Carlos Franco Ruiz, Zapotlan de Juarez; Emanuel Johansen Campos, Tejalpa)
* Second place: United States (Captain Matthew Vengalil, Grosse Pointe Shores, Michigan; Neeraj Sirdeshmukh, Nashua, New Hampshire; Kelsey Schilperoort, Prescott, Arizona)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_Geographic_Bee

---

2006 - all US championships

Hindus in 1st , 2nd, 3rd place and 2 more in top 10

--

2007 - all US championship
Hindu in 2nd place

--

2008 - all US championship

Hindu in 1st place and 2 more in top 10

--
National geographic bee, state champions, ( 52 states )
--

2006- hindus = 6 out of 52

2007 - hindus = 4 out of 52

2008 - hindus = 4 out of 52
2 hindus out of 6 in US math olympiad 2008 team
---

http://www.maa.org/news/061608usimo.html

Shaunak Kishore, Unionville High School, Kennett Square, Pennsylvania.

Krishanu Sankar, Horace Mann School, Riverdale, New York.

---

1 hindu out of 6 in 2007 US math olympiad team

http://www.unl.edu/amc/e-exams/e9-imo/e9-1...mannounce.shtml

Arnav Tripathy
I see no reason why hindus in US and in UK etc, have a long term goal of setting ourselves up as a super-strate like the jews

In fact a combination of merchant and brahmin NRIs set up hindu super-strate among the Mittani in 1400 BC and in south east asia
GS, out of the Indians with IQ>130 how many are English speaking do you think? And how many with IQ>110?
<!--QuoteBegin-ramana+Aug 9 2008, 02:13 AM-->QUOTE(ramana @ Aug 9 2008, 02:13 AM)<!--QuoteEBegin-->GS, out of the Indians with IQ>130 how many are English speaking do you think? And how many with IQ>110?
[right][snapback]86115[/snapback][/right]

Let me make the assumption that 80% of those over IQ 130 are english speaking
and 40% of those over IQ 110 are english speaking at levels equal to white college educated

--

At current IQ levels
Southern Brahmins, 113 IQ, 11 mil total
Over 110 IQ
English speaking = 0.4 x 0.585 x 11 = 2.6 mil

Over 130 IQ = 0.8 x 0.133 x 11 = 1.2 mil

----

At current IQ levels
Northern Brahmins, 108 IQ, 44 mil total
Over 110 IQ
English speaking = 0.4 x 0.44 x 44 = 7.7 mil

Over 130 IQ = 0.8 x 0.07 x 44 = 2.5 mil

---

At current IQ levels
Southern Merchant, 105 IQ, 33 mil total
Over 110 IQ
English speaking = 0.4 x 0.37 x 33 = 4.9 mil

Over 130 IQ = 0.8 x 0.05 x 33 = 1.3 mil

----

At current IQ levels
Northern Merchant, 102 IQ, 132 mil total
Over 110 IQ
English speaking = 0.4 x 0.30 x 132 = 15.8 mil

Over 130 IQ = 0.8 x 0.04 x 132 = 4.2 mil

The concept of regression to the mean
---

What this says is that if a population has 100IQ, and a guy with 160IQ marries a 100IQ woman
the IQ of the child will be 112
Meaning the IQ of the child will regress 80% to the mean of that population

meaning the iQ of the child will reflect the real IQ of the population

In the US we have an interesting situation,
High IQ, professionals were selectively imported post 1965 from all countries

But in the second generation, the real stars are the Indian diaspora
equal to the jews in SAT and beyond the jews in medical college admissions etc

Which means the caste IQ of the US diaspora NRI is really at the jewish levels

Which is why the descendants of other countries are not doing too well

Junior world chess championship

Winner = Abhijit Gupta
Runner Up = Parimarjan Negi