• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Indian muslims in their own words
Kashmirmonitor

Start dialogue with separatists: Owaisi to GOI

‘Congress lacks agenda, Modi’s Jammu visit threat to peace’

FRIDAY, 29 NOVEMBER 2013

Start dialogue with separatists: Owaisi to GOI

START DIALOGUE WITH SEPARATISTS: OWAISI TO GOI

Srinagar: Urging the Government of India (GoI) to start a meaningful dialogue with separatist leadership in Kashmir, president All India Majlis-e-Ittehadul Muslimeen and Member Parliament Asaduddin Owaisi Thursday said Kashmir was a dispute and it needs to be addressed.

He also called Bhartiya Janta Party's prime ministerial candidate Narendar Modi's visit to Jammu 'a threat to peace in Jammu and Kashmir' .

"Dialogue should be started with all the shades of the people including the separatist leaders. Kashmir is a humanitarian issue and it needs to be addressed in a humane way. Both the countries India and Pakistan have to come forward and provide immediate relief to Kashmiri's by resolving the issue,” Owaisi told KNS over phone from Hyderabad.

Emphasizing the need for a peaceful dialogue he said, "I was a part of recent delegation of MP's headed by Manishankar Ayar which went to Pakistan. We told the counterpart that all issues including Kashmir can be resolved through a dialogue. I think both the countries should soon sit together and resolve the issue of Kashmir. When Iran and America like varied countries can resolve their issues through dialogue then what should stop India and Pakistan to start dialogue and resolve their issues," .

Commenting on the Hurriyat's stand over Kashmir he said, "I don't want to discuss the ideology of separatist leaders but the thing is that every separatist leader including Syed Ali shah Geelani should talk to New Delhi if they really want to see the solution of Kashmir,” he said.

Owaisi further said that Kashmir is a political as well as administrative issue and both these aspects need to be addressed simultaneously. "A special attention is needed to listen to the hearts and minds of Kashmiri's. "People of Kashmir want a peaceful environment so both the countries should put an end to the hard policies" .

Messages In This Thread
Indian muslims in their own words - by G.Subramaniam - 11-29-2013, 07:37 AM