MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
British Officials In India -- Good And Bad

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
British Officials In India -- Good And Bad
<!--QuoteBegin-->QUOTE<!--QuoteEBegin--><b>'Edwina influenced Nehru on Kashmir': Hicks </b>
Pioneer.com
PTI | New Delhi
Lord Mountbatten "used" his wife Edwina, who shared a "deep emotional love" with Jawaharlal Nehru, to influence India's first Prime Minister to refer the Kashmir issue to the United Nations, according to Pamela Hicks, the last Viceroy's daughter.

"That is true and he did use her like that. But he certainly wasn't going to throw her, he didn't say to her go become the Prime Minister's lover because I need you to intercede. It was a by-product of this deep affection," Pamela said in an interview to in the programme Devil's Advocate to be aired on CNN-IBN.

She was replying to a query on whether Lord Mountbatten used the Edwina-Nehru relationship to influence him in the handling of the Kashmir issue.

Hicks, who has recounted the relationship between Nehru and her mother in the book India Remembered: A Personal Account of the Mountbattens During the Transfer of Power, said it was possible that Edwina's influence played a crucial role in Nehru's decision to refer Kashmir to the UN.

"I think it could have been my father, just in dry conversation might have been able to get his viewpoint over. But with my mother translating it for Panditji and making, you know, appealing to his heart more than his mind, that he should really behave like this, I think probably that did happen," she said.

This was in reply to a question on whether Nehru decided to refer Kashmir to the UN under Lord Mountbatten's advice and whether this was an area where Edwina's influence could have been particularly useful.

"Yes, I think so," Hicks said on whether her father had a bit of influence on Nehru through Edwina
<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

So Kashmir problem was created by morally weak Nehru, who was just following his lover, at the end his sexual desire cost India three war and counting, loss of thousands of Indian lives and counting.

Messages In This Thread
British Officials In India -- Good And Bad - by Guest - 11-26-2006, 05:21 AM
British Officials In India -- Good And Bad - by Guest - 11-26-2006, 08:00 AM
British Officials In India -- Good And Bad - by Guest - 11-26-2006, 08:25 AM
British Officials In India -- Good And Bad - by Guest - 07-01-2007, 07:12 AM
British Officials In India -- Good And Bad - by Guest - 07-01-2007, 05:52 PM
British Officials In India -- Good And Bad - by Guest - 07-01-2007, 10:04 PM
British Officials In India -- Good And Bad - by Guest - 07-02-2007, 05:19 PM
British Officials In India -- Good And Bad - by Guest - 07-17-2007, 10:40 PM
British Officials In India -- Good And Bad - by Guest - 03-12-2008, 11:37 PM
British Officials In India -- Good And Bad - by Guest - 03-12-2008, 11:51 PM
British Officials In India -- Good And Bad - by Guest - 03-18-2008, 11:27 PM