MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
Jan Lokpal movement

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jan Lokpal movement
[quote name='dhu' date='29 August 2011 - 11:00 AM' timestamp='1314611521' post='112646']

... Kejriwal and Prashant Bhushan are secular activists, at some point they will jettison Hazare. [/quote]

Are you of the opinion that Anna Hazare is not secular in his views or actions? And, that would be the bone of contention which would lead him to part ways with Kejriwal and Prashant Bhushan? To my knowledge I have not seen any write up indicating him to be a staunch believer of any one religion or sect of people. I thus have my reservations on your above prediction.
Kejriwal turned his back on Anna Hazare as the latter was about to break the fast (i.e., Kejriwal's speech was overly verbose).

Such inconsiderateness is a trait of a traitor.

He also brought in the pretender Amir Khan to provide secular balance to Om Puri.
came via email

Quote:Abhishek Singhvi like all congress men and women dependent on Sonia Gandhi's bounty, was compelled to state, as chairman of the Parliament Standing Committee, that his life's mission from now on would be to realize Rahul gandhi's dream - to make a beautiful aesthtically pleasing lokpal commission like the election commission.

Was it a coincidence that TN Seshan was present in Delhi the same day that rahul gandhi used his privileged status to breeze in and breeze out to make his infamous state of the nation speech where he mentions the lokpal commission a la election commission.

Makes me wonder if Sonia gandhi will make TN Seshan the first Lokpal.

The BJP in particular and the NDA must shoot down Rahul gandhi's suggestion at the first opportunity. The selection process is the key issue here. And I hope parliament as a whole applies its mind to the selection process. RR
came via email

Quote:Anna Hazare's self-description is he is a Gandhian. This means he, like Thakkar Bapa, Vinoba Bhave should have lived among the people in a small commune and transformed their life. Such a man was dragged to Delhi by Sonia Gandhi and her NGO minions only to neutralise Baba Ramdev's corruption crusade.

Baba ramdev himself, a man with formidable influence and following was dragged into a issue which was not his domain and for which he had no competence.

Baba ramdev was pulled by the strings by people standing in the shadows and others controlling the movement from Chennai over the cell-phone.

Anna Hazare's shadow puppet masters were more villainous. They didnt want just national attention on corruption, like Baba Ramdev and his puppet masters wanted, but wanted to bring the Indian Parliament to its knees, push the Prime Minister into a corner and eventually force the party to seek his resignation.

The villains underestimated the intelligence of the Hindu politician and their towering ambition to become some kind of supra watch dog body which will monitor our members of parliament, our government, our judges, was blown to smithereens today by parliament.

I am gpoing to say it - a party which grovels before their imported president, stands in frozen silence as she walks past disdain oozing from everyu pore, has remained strangely inactive and unmoved by the news that she is critically ill. No oprayers, no wishes, no candle-light vigils asking allah, jesus and ishwar to protect her, no we love you sonia posters, nothing. I find this extremely suspicious. The party is not reacting at all. And her two children are here - one making an asinine speech in parliament from a written text and the other running anxiously into parliament to hear him speak (or something lese?) Do doting family members of MPs routinely come rushing into parliament to hear their husbands sons and daughters make their speech?

Rahul Gandhi breezed into parliament yesterday during zero hour pulled out a sheaf of papers from which he read out his address to the nation and then breezed out. Rahul Gandhi was absent the whole day today when the house assembled for a specioal session to discuss an important issue and not even a squeak from any of our media channels about his absence?

The ambition to be a permanent member of this supra watch dog, despotic body was almost certainly Kejriwal's idea - short cut to enormous power thru the NGO route. Kejriwal's ford foundation cionnection is now established. The scams tumbling out of the Congress cupboard was excellent opportunity to implement the script and he succeeded initially.

Kiran Bedi's 24 hour stand up comedian act notwithstanding, ther group around Hazare and Hazare himself began to talk aboiut compelling parliament to submit to their tyranny - my Bill and no other Bill, pass it now or else.

I met a group of 300 students with national flag in hand, faces painted in tricolour sitting in front of the Rajaji Bhavan housing central government offices in Besant Nagar where I live. Driving down to feed street dogs, i was horrified to see them all sitting in dharna. Bringing my car to a screeching halt, I got down and asked the idiots gathered there (they were all students from some christian engineering college) how many of them had read the Jan Lokpal Bill drafted by team Anna?

Only two put up their hands! Ia sked them why in hell were they sitting there, what were they supporting and was it an informed decision?

I could have saved my breath. One ponytail told me that he was there to protest corruption. That at least was unpretentious and genuine. and that would have been true of many of them there.

Kejriwal and co. cynically exploited the anger of ordinary people against corruption to futher their towering ambition to rule the country from the shadows.

Parliament gave them all a well-deserved set down. parliament gave Anna Hazare and Co. nothing because they deserved nothing. A resolution spelling out the sense of the house is not worth the paper it is written on and we all know that. To pretend that this is a win for x and humble pie for y, or win win for both is so much bullshit.

The Indian Parliament confronted these anarchist, villainous forces firmly and with intelligence.

Sushma Swaraj was brilliant today. She-

Spelt out her party's position with cogent arguments in support of 2 out of 3 Anna Hazare's demands.

Ripped Rahul Gandhi's presumptuous and colonial attitude down the middle

While expressing full support for the prime Minister, she tore the Congress party apart and by treating rahul gandhi with sternenss she put paid to any ambition he and his mother may have nurtured to plonk him on the throne.

Bottomline - Anna Hazare was treated with respect but Kejriwal and Co. were shown the door. They got nothing and Justice Santhosh Hegde alone had the courage to admit they had lost.

Now rajdeep sardesai should start seeing the truth instead of looking for face savers for anna hazare. Anna Hazare like Baba ramdebv has only himself to blame for allowing himself to be used by manipulators. RR
[url="http://janamejayan.wordpress.com/2011/08/29/is-this-a-real-victory-anna-wanted-passing-of-his-bill-but-see-what-he-got-in-return/"][size="5"]Is this a real victory? Anna wanted passing of his bill but see what he got in return.[/size][/url]
Sorry, this post is not at all on topic.

The new vocal/active sudden IF member "Capt Manoj Singh", is he canvassing for Anna etc or something? Or rather, what's the motive? (The other new member, Deepak Patil's random comments at least sounds uniformly like ... he's not the brightest bulb in the dozen.)

Asking because of the timing of Capt Manoj Singh's entry onto IF, his "Team Anna is the ONLY hope" and his "Congratulations!" (as if anyone else here was looking forward with equal fervour to "Team Anna" winning, self-congratulations doesn't require its own thread), his excessive vocalism on just this subject, so that no reader is allowed to read the other - far better argued - opinions on Anna's rise and current 'victory' over 'corruption' *:

- every single person who doesn't wholly agree on "Anna and co." or their methods or their multiple bills gets an instant rebuttal - just any response will do, however empty/meaningless/pointless*. Manoj is very on-fire

- anyone's views disagreeing with his fandom - even if by people who obviously know more about Indian politics than his brain can handle - are described as "conspiracy theory"

- I can hardly read a sensible comment on the "Anna" events without his interference immediately after

- then there's his thread concerned with TV media debate's bad coverage of Anna's side, but where was he all this time when TV did unfair coverage about other matters (like Godhra, Modi, usw)?

(* Even his mourning the lack of IF readership - "not enough per day" said he, again in a thread all its own - when seen in context of the rest of his activism on the 'Anna' related topic, sounds like he's missing an audience the size he wants.)

Where was he - in terms of IF membership - all this time? None of the other topics interested him?

Surely there are a gazillian Indian forums/blogs/whatevers out there drooling all over Anna and his anti/corruption drive. Why IF?
[quote name='Husky' date='29 August 2011 - 06:09 PM' timestamp='1314637262' post='112653']

Quote:Sorry, this post is not at all on topic.

May I politely suggest you keep personal insinuations to yourself as it poorly reflects on yourself.

Quote:Asking because of the timing of Capt Manoj Singh's entry onto IF, his "Team Anna is the ONLY hope" and his "Congratulations!" (as if anyone else here was looking forward with equal fervour to "Team Anna" winning, self-congratulations doesn't require its own thread), his excessive vocalism on just this subject, so that no reader is allowed to read the other - far better argued - opinions on Anna's rise and current 'victory' over 'corruption' *:

Your allegation is not only in poor taste but most illogical. You talk as though I have physically stopped you from reading other opinions!! All I have done is put forth my opinion in the true spirit of a forum that encourages free participation from everyone.

Quote:- every single person who doesn't wholly agree on "Anna and co." or their methods or their multiple bills gets an instant rebuttal - just any response will do, however empty/meaningless/pointless*. Manoj is very on-fire

- anyone's views disagreeing with his fandom - even if by people who obviously know more about Indian politics than his brain can handle - are described as "conspiracy theory"

As I mentioned in my previous post the forum is a place for free exchange of opinions, I have expressed mine and you are free to express yours but please stick to topic.

Quote:- I can hardly read a sensible comment on the "Anna" events without his interference immediately after

- then there's his thread concerned with TV media debate's bad coverage of Anna's side, but where was he all this time when TV did unfair coverage about other matters (like Godhra, Modi, usw)?

If my opinion can stop you from reading other threads or posts, you probably need help. I am a new member to this forum as such wasn't around to address older matters.

Quote:(* Even his mourning the lack of IF readership - "not enough per day" said he, again in a thread all its own - when seen in context of the rest of his activism on the 'Anna' related topic, sounds like he's missing an audience the size he wants.)

I did not moan about size of readership which I believe should be sizeable - I mentioned in the passing that there are very few posts in the day for the size of membership the forum has. Sir, I do not know any forum that places restrictions on number of threads that are started.

Quote:Where was he - in terms of IF membership - all this time? None of the other topics interested him?

Am I answerable to you as to why I chose to join now and not earlier? your allegation again is simply not true indicating your research on my posts has been superficial.

Quote:Surely there are a gazillian Indian forums/blogs/whatevers out there drooling all over Anna and his anti/corruption drive. Why IF?

I am equally happy to discuss other matters of political or national interest but Anna and his anti-corruption drive occupied the centre stage and thus could not be ignored.

[/quote]
[url="http://expressbuzz.com/opinion/columnists/anna-stir-%E2%80%93-a-balance-sheet/308507.html"]Anna stir – a balance sheet[/url]

S Gurumurthy

Quote:With the ‘Sense of the House’ letter from the Speaker reaching Anna Hazare, the Anna fast has ended. And the Team Anna and the media have proclaimed victory. Now the nation is relieved from the non-stop 24x7 screams of the media. It can think now! It can now draw a balance sheet of the Anna stir to know what are its giveaways and takeaways. Now go back to where the agitation began.

What is now known as the Anna movement started as India Against Corruption (IAC), whose website says, “India Against Corruption movement is an expression of collective anger of people of India against corruption.”

The IAC website lists as founders besides Anna Hazare, Baba Ramdev, Mahamood Madani, Arcbishop Vincent M Concessao, Syed Rizvi, Justice D S Tewatia, B R Lall and others. Click the January 2011 archives of IAC website, it is full of “March against corruption” in every nook and corner of India from Agra to Chennai and Ahmedabad to Silichar.

The leaders of the IAC, particularly Baba Ramdev, had raised, besides corruption, the emotive issue of Indian black money abroad. But the IAC receded into the oblivion and the apolitical movement against corruption, got reduced to merely a fight for Jan Lok Pal (JLP) Bill. The Anna movement emerged, narrowed into just a battle for a just JLP Bill, marginalised other founders and reduced its leadership to just four, the ‘Team Anna’. See the effect of these changes.

This was how Jan Lok Pal Bill replaced black money and corruption as the core agenda of the IAC? In the Lok Sabha elections in 2009, thanks to L K Advani, the black money issue had become a huge issue; it remained dormant after the UPA victory. But after the Tsunami of corruption hit Indian politics, the public roar against black money stashed abroad by politicians, businessmen and criminals became stentorian.

The media alleged that Sonia Gandhi had huge monies stashed away abroad. It was then that the UPA II suddenly thought of a Lok Pal Bill to ride out of the tornado of corruption and black money. It was a trap. Soon IAC walked into the trap. It dismissed the government version of the Lok Pal Bill and insisted that the draft prepared by its think tank, the Jan Lok Pal Bill, should be accepted. The Congress party saw it as a blessing in disguise to make its Lok Pal Bill fight the Jan Lok Pal Bill, to keep corruption and black money out of headlines.

Meanwhile, the BJP committed a Himalayan blunder. L K Advani wrote a personal letter to Sonia Gandhi for the hurt caused to her. That was made public to make it appear that it was to regret the charges made in the BJP Task Force Report on black money that Sonia Gandhi family was keeping huge illegal funds abroad. The BJP’s move against black money became moot, leaving the issue to the apolitical Swami Ramdev, Anna being confined to JLP Bill.

The Congress, thrown on the back foot by corruption and black money issues, saw in JLP Bill an opportunity to obfuscate both. When Anna started his Jantar Mantar fast, Sonia Gandhi – charged with hoarding black wealth abroad – offered to partner him in his battle against corruption! The result, the Congress successfully divided the IAC agenda between Anna with JLP Bill issue and Baba Ramdev with black money and corruption issues.

The first fast of Anna was thus subsumed into this Sonia-led Congress strategy, leaving the BJP – thanks to its own follies – with no issues. The collateral benefit to the Congress was that Anna helped to depoliticise and rob the BJP of a highly political issue. The Congress strategy also did more damage to the BJP. It helped to club all political parties, including both the ruling party and the opposition – read the Congress and the BJP – as one and the same.

Clubbing the BJP with the Congress on issues other than secularism helps the Congress and harms the BJP. Yet the elite leaders of the BJP allowed the Congress to succeed in its strategy. So after the first fast of Anna the Congress virtually dictated the agenda. Meanwhile Team Anna got Anna, who had first praised Narendra Modi, to talk against him so as to move the Anna movement further away from the BJP. This was the setting for the second Anna fast.

But the simple Anna proved increasingly difficult. He demanded a JLP Bill that included the PM down to everyone in the net. The Congress raised the plea that Anna could not dictate to the Parliament and got the BJP into the trap again. It got the constitutionalists in the BJP to endorse its view, again clubbing the BJP with itself!

But, the Congress strategy to handle Anna like it handled Swami Ramdev failed miserably with the media, which had no other headlines, focussing on Anna 24x7. With the media screaming ‘Anna’ and ‘Anna’ all the time, the Congress was on the run. Alas the BJP also found itself running with the Congress, against Anna. But, RSS workers enthused by Anna’s cry of “Vandemataram” and “Bharat Mata ki Jai” – both branded as RSS slogans – joined the movement in large numbers forcing the BJP president Nitin Gadkari to disregard the BJP Parliamentary Party and write to Anna offering support to his demands.

This forced the BJP Parliamentary Party also to side with Anna, rationalising the shift as the “evolving” stand of the BJP! This tilted the scale in Anna’s favour. But again the Congress would not leave the BJP. It joined with the BJP in the ‘Sense of the House’ exercise. The media claimed victory for Anna and for itself.

Here is the balance sheet of the Anna movement as of date. The BJP bracketed with the Congress loses; the Congress does not. The Congress cannot take Anna for granted; Anna cannot trust the Congress. The nation waits for what the Parliament will do about JLP Bill. The RSS is pleased that the two slogans “Bharat Mata Ki Jai” and “Vandemataram” long ostracised by Secular India have been secularised by Anna.
[quote name='Capt Manoj Singh' date='30 August 2011 - 01:55 AM' timestamp='1314649066' post='112654']

Your allegation is not only in poor taste but most illogical. You talk as though I have physically stopped you from reading other opinions!! All I have done is put forth my opinion in the true spirit of a forum that encourages free participation from everyone.[/quote]

Captain,

Do not take it personally, I am sure you can appreciate the need for vigilance.

Infiltrators such as Sudheendra Kulkarni and Agnivesh have caused Hindus to lose much precious time chasing dead ends.. and now it appears Kejriwal himself:

Quote:Kejriwal: Did not know VHP backed organizations were serving food at Ramlila. If we knew they were RSS fronts, would not have allowed them

Westerners are quite adept in spotting the opportunist and weak-minded who can turn sepoy. Magsaysay awards are given with much consideration to future sepoy value. In only a few instances like that of Kiran Bedi are they taking a genuine gamble based solely upon prior fame; in Kiran Bedi's case (as well as Anna's), the calculations appear to have gone terribly wrong.

Gurumurthy appears to be correct about the sequence of the secular intrigue, although he is probably over-enthusiastic in damning BJP's handling of the situation. The low-key approach was right for BJP in these circumstances. Rahul is no longer the "youth leader" of India, and has in fact become a laughing stock. Indian youth are important to Kangress not for vote bank value but for future sepoy value.
Guess the Gurumurthy article is already up. Where I saw it (BB), there was this one-line summary in a comment making the tally:

Quote:IS, on August 29, 2011 at 11:08 pm said:

The plain truth is that the only winner in this contest was the Congress UPA-2 government who was able to divert interest away from Sonia-jee’s Swiss bank account towards a future – very far future – Lokpal bill and the Americans who financed the tamasha at the Ramlila Ground (RTI petition shows that the Ford Foundation / CIA paid for the show).
Assuming the last bit, if only one could be sure that the FF & CIA didn't pay for it from money drained out of India... because that would then at least mean India lightened their pockets (momentarily).
[quote name='dhu' date='30 August 2011 - 09:16 AM' timestamp='1314675526' post='112659']

Infiltrators such as Sudheendra Kulkarni and Agnivesh have caused Hindus to lose much precious time chasing dead ends.. and now it appears Kejriwal himself:

[/quote]

According to the wikipedia, Kejriwal is a Saathi for AID (the leftist NGO - Association for India's Development). That is as close as possible to being a Marxist these days, when Marxism is not in fashion.
[url="http://ibnlive.in.com/news/jan-lokpal-bill-is-very-regressive-arundhati-roy/179990-3.html"]Arundhati Roy[/url]

Some of you might find the above interview interesting, frankly, I find it a case of an opportunist novelist hogging limelight by making controversial statements. It isn't surprising that she is related to Prannoy Roy of NDTV.
Lokayuktha is being used as a tool by the Congress to destroy the opposition. Lokpal will have the same fate while Sonia and her mafia steal and stash away billions in off shore. Sonia and Raul may not bring it back into the country but her Indian mafia would through laws made by the UPA to allow the money to come back without any question asked of the source.

(P Chidambaram's infamous Participatory Notes that allowed inflow first and outflow later of foreign money into the country without question was protested by Dr. Subramanian Swamy to the PM and was given to the public through his Press Release as follows back in 2008

"3. The economy is in a tail spin due to the past wrong policies pursued by P.Chidambaram as Finance Minister, particularly his favouring the anti-national Participatory Notes (PNs) which accounted for 60 percent of all foreign investment flow into PNs were used by terrorists and corrupt politicians to the country play the stock market.

Now these PNs have caused a liquidity problem by racing out and causing on outflow of $75 billion (Rs.37,000 crores). Hence, unlike the world over where the dollar has fallen in value, in India the rupee per dollar rate has risen from Rs.38 to Rs.52 in just two months.

4. It is therefore tragic for the nation that a person who facilitated or did not nothing to block terrorist financing (namely P.Chidambaram) should be now entrused with the nodal Ministry to fight the terrorists.

(SUBRAMANIAN SWAMY)

November 7, 2008.

PRESS RELEASE")

Does Anna's Lokpal address this? Yet we congratulate him and his gang! That's who we are!

[url="http://www.indianexpress.com/news/lokayukta-gujarat-row-stalls-house/839649/"][size="4"]Lokayukta: Gujarat row stalls House[/size][/url]
[url="http://www.moneylife.in/article/santosh-hegde-in-sept-2010-parliament-cleared-17-bills-in-12-minutes-one-of-them-was-to-dilute-the-prevention-of-corruption-act/19340.html"][size="4"]Santosh Hegde: In Sept 2010, parliament cleared 17 bills in 12 minutes, one of them was to dilute the Prevention of Corruption Act[/size][/url]

August 30, 2011 01:47 PM |

Vinita Deshmukh

discussion-on-lokpal

The former SC judge says Team Anna had no intention of taking the government head-on over the Lokpal issue, but it was compelled to do so because of its stubborn claim of ‘parliamentary supremacy’. Justice Hegde who was a key member of the joint drafting committee, has urged people to continue the fight for the proper use of the country’s wealth and resources

For some reason the three sections of the Prevention of Corruption Act which Parliament was set to dilute in terms of going soft on prosecution of government officers, who indulged in corruption and illegal commercial transactions, did not go to the Rajya Sabha. Otherwise, this amendment (along with the 17 bills that were passed in 12 minutes on a single day in September 2010), would have showed that the political class sitting in Parliament, which pompously boasts about 'parliamentary supremacy', was not interested in removing corruption, but was in fact keen to condone it, says Santosh Hegde, member of the joint drafting committee of the Lokpal Bill.

Justice Hegde made these remarks during a public lecture he delivered at the Nehru Memorial Hall in Pune on Monday, at the invitation of the chartered accountants fraternity, a day after Anna Hazare broke his 13-dayfast for a strong anti-corruption law.

He referred to a report of the Comptroller and Auditor General of India, saying, "According to the 2008-09 CAG report, in one single year Rs54,000 crore, which was to be spent on eight rural development schemes like midday meal, water supply and so on, are not accounted for. Where has the money been siphoned off that would have enhanced the quality of life of thousands of villages? Isn't it time to bring in a strong legislation against such large-scale corruption?''Mr Hegde asked.

The former judge of the Supreme Court also made a pointed reference to the Reliance KG Basin oil deal as likely to become larger than the 2G scam, to make a strong legislation against corruption the topmost priority.

He said, "The first administrative reforms were made in 1962, when Pandit Jawaharlal Nehru was prime minister. Only 14 years after Independence, the need was felt to control decay in the administration. We chose the Scandinavian system of having an ombudsman and it was at that time that it was recommended to have an institution called the Lokpal at the centre and Lokayukta at the state level. But the proposal gathered dust, until in 1984, Ramkrishna Hegde became chief minister of Karnataka and promised value-based governance, and he fulfilled the promise by instituting the Lokayukta at the state level and it became an Act in 1986. However, the government at the centre slept over the issue for 48 years.''

In the context of the scams that were busted in 2010, Justice Hegde said, "Some members in civil society decided to draft a bill and have a discussion with the government. However, the government was unwilling. Anna Hazare sent a letter in February 2011, but there was no reply. It is only when he began his fast in April that the law ministry said the letter sent to the prime minister was misplaced and that we should send another copy. On the third day, an emissary was sent, but Anna insisted that a notification be issued and thus was born the joint drafting committee.''

Justice Hegde, who completed his term as Lokayukta of Karnataka earlier this month, mentioned how all the nine meetings of the joint drafting committee for a strong Lokpal Bill failed, as the government representatives on the committee said a singular "no" or "keep it in brackets" (meaning, "we will see"). Due to this stubborn attitude of the government to stall a strong legislation, that Anna Hazare was compelled to go on a fast a second time. Thereafter, Justice Hegde said, some government representatives even started questioning the credibility of Team Anna, with statements like 'Who are you-the unelectable and the unelected-to tell us how to have a law?' Look at the audacity of these parliamentarians who have changed the meaning of democracy, which in the right essence is by the people, for the people and of the people!''

Urging the people to undertake a mass education campaign on the Jan Lokpal Bill, Justice Hegde said people should not forget the humiliation meted out to the people of India by politicians, and if they meet any of them they should ask them, "Do you know who I am? I am a citizen of India and so I hold the highest office."

Justice Hegde concluded by saying that he felt nostalgic when Anna broke his fast on 28th August. "I was seven years old when my parents took me to a public ground when India attained freedom on 15 August 1947. I felt the same sense of pride and patriotism when Anna broke his fast.''

Asked about his disagreement with Team Anna over Mr Hazare's fast, Justice Hegde said, "I was worried about Anna's health".

http://bharatkalyan97.blogspot.com/2011/...bills.html
Ford Foundation funded the RTI launching pad of Kejriwal

http://www.fordfoundation.org/grants/gra...antid=9374

Quote:Kabir

To promote use of India's Right to Information (RTI) Act and to develop a repository database of RTI requests and uses

Amount $200,000

Period 2011

Region India, Nepal and Sri Lanka

Issue Democratic and Accountable Government

Initiative Promoting Transparent, Effective and Accountable Government

Primary Approach Network Building and Convening

Gates Foundation funding to NDTV

http://www.gatesfoundation.org/Grants-20...25857.aspx

Quote:New Delhi Television

Date: March 2011

Purpose: to bring greater awareness, and help inform public debate and inspire individual action around maternal health, a critical underreported health issue plaguing the developing world

Amount: $872,204

Term: 6 months

Topic: Maternal, Newborn, & Child Health

Region Served: Asia, Global

Program: Global Health

Grantee Location: New Delhi, India
[url="http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/city/bangalore/Church-supports-a-strong-Lokpal/articleshow/9802068.cms"]Church supports a strong Lokpal[/url]

The Karnataka Regional Catholic Bishops' Council of the Karnataka Region has called for a corruption-free India and has welcomed the government's move to tackle the menace.
Dhu's post and links confirm that Kabir and NDTV have received donations from U.S.A. which brings a question to the forefront of one's mind. Why did USA fund an Indian NGO and media?

It is now well known that Indian markets have emerged to be the fastest growing markets in the world which has caused a huge demand for all sorts of goods and services. Any country that can influence the power wielders in India will naturally benefit in the process. What does USA stand to gain is the big question?
[url="http://janamejayan.wordpress.com/2011/09/01/sonia-anna-and-the-%e2%80%9cfakepal%e2%80%9d-drama/"][size="3"]Sonia, Anna and the “Fakepal” Drama[/size][/url]
[url="http://www.vigilonline.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=1595&Itemid=1"][size="4"]ANNA HAZARE’S SECOND AGITATION [/size][/url]
[url="http://www.vigilonline.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=1593&Itemid=1"][size="4"]Rs 40,000 cr received by NGOs as foreign aid [/size][/url]